Chapter 15

Chapter 15
Bridget's POV

Mason was sitting on the couch and Audrey was locked up in her room. I had asked her to come down and visit with me. She finally gave in, and was heading down the stairs.

"I'm assuming this is moms blood?" I pointed towards the stained carpet.

Audrey crossed her arms over her chest and mason started sucking his thumb.

I went to the kitchen to get cleaning supplies and heading back I the living room, getting down on my knees.

"Hey, how about after I clean this up, we do a movie night. Sister Bridget style."

"What's wrong with dad?" Mason looked at me with sad eyes

"What movie?" Audrey followed

"What's in your tummy?" Mason again with another question.

"Dad is figuring things out. And Audrey you can pick it out. I have a little baby in me Mason, actually two." I leaned down and scrubbed the carpet.

I was amazed on how much blood there actually was, he must of clocked her good. What an ass.

She says it was an 'accident' but I don't believe it one bit.

Audrey brought Ghostbusters over to me and I nodded, putting it in the player.

"I'll go pop some popcorn, Audrey do you want to get the blow up mattress?" She nodded and headed to the closet.

When I came back in, Audrey already had the mattress blown up and blankets. Mason was sitting on it with his special blanket, cuddled next to Audrey.

I got on the bed and put my arm around Audrey, bringing her close to my chest and pressed play.

"Bridget?"

"Mhm?"

Audrey looked up at me, "would you ever visit your birth mom?"

"Where is this coming from"

"I mean, you've hated her for such a long time, would you ever forgive her?"

somehow I was thinking she was connecting it with Harry. "Um, I would not. Only because she hurt me."

"Dad hurt mom, why does she keep going back to him then?"

"I honestly don't know the answer to that sweetie. I think it's different, you know, when you have two kids together, you kind of have to keep seeing him"

She say for a moment, "but she hasn't even taken down their pictures together"

"It's hard, it's hard to just leave someone."

"But you left your mom"

These damn questions, I didn't know how to answer them, and she was right. Taylor shouldn't keep going back to Harry. But I don't know what they had, deep down.

I passed the popcorn to Mason and he came over, laying on top of me, cuddling into my neck.

"Whyd she defend him?" Audrey again asked

"I'm not sure."

When the movie was over, I got off the mattress and took a look around the house. I haven't stayed here since before our wedding. And it hasn't changed much.

Their wedding pictures still up, so are mine and Niall's. Then baby pictures of Mason and Audrey. My favorite of Audrey and I, we were at Disney land, she had a Mickey hat on and I had her balloon, she was maybe four almost five so I was crouched down next to her laughing and she was pouting because we didn't get her a lemonade like she wanted. Back when life seemed....simple.