Chapter 32

Song - The chaser by Infinite

Chapter 32 - Protect Her

*Jungkook's Pov*

Present Time -

I heard her.

Those sobs felt like knife stabbing me again and again. Knowing, i was the reason yet again didn't help at all.

All i wanted to do was to come to my room, take a nice bath then go down and have fun with others and hurting a little while watching Mingyu and Tzuyu.

But, no.

When i reached my room, Tzuyu was in there and her sobs was all that i heard before deciding not to enter. I just slipped down the door and sat on the ground, hearing her cries.

No matter how much hurt i was feeling, i wanted to at least be there once when she cried. Even if she could not see me, i want to be there.

I was so used to this that the pain i felt at this moment felt as something i feel daily.

Because i do feel this way daily.

When i went to China, my grandpa's last words were always the last thing which i would recall before sleeping.

I regret everything. I regret being a coward. This time, i want to give her everything....

Then why i can't?

There is this thing inside of me, stopping me from doing what i want.

It was my decision to stay away from her only because i believed what was being said. I don't want to take these decisions anymore.

On taking these decisions, all i have gotten is distances.

She is crying. A very familiar voice says and as soon as i recognize the voice, i look up to face Mingyu.

In your room. He says through gritted teeth, my eyes instantly widening before i get up from the floor and wipe off the imaginary dust off me.

It's not wh---

It is what it seems like. If you give her a choice even today, she will choose you without a second thought. His hands turns into fists and i saw his jaw clench tightly while he stared at the door.

Mingyu, i am sorry. Though before, i was always ready to let go of her but now if i even have one minute to leave her or try to make her mine, i choose to make her mine. I speak looking at him but he continuously stared at the door behind which Tzuyu was crying.

You are not the only one hurting here, okay? We all are! His eyes pierced through me.

I don't hate you. You were always my friend. I love Tzuyu. I snap my eyes away from him, feeling my muscles tensed. I feel so powerless right now.

But she has always loved you. I was going to break up with her on the farewell but things happened, she was a crying mess, i just couldn't find it in me to leave her alone like that. He told me, smiling with his eyes filled with tears.