Chapter 4

Song - Why not me

Chapter 4 - Rumour

*Tzuyu's Pov*

In 5th Grade -

I wait for him to give me a sign to continue the game we left yesterday but he is acting like nothing happened. I didn't even glanced back, I don't know why, i am shy. It is the first period, it's science. I am bored, acting like i am listening when i'm not. I look around the room. Woahh! There are many boys in this class on whom i have crush. I was busy in everything that i didn't even heard the bell ring.

Creep. I roll my eyes at one of my crushes. Yes, i have a crush on Jin since fourth grade. Normal.

Jerk. I mumble. I felt something touching my legs. Touching? No kicking my leg! I glance down to see Jungkook kicking me. Foot fight? Count me in then. I kick his foot back. His legs attacks me but i defended. Suddenly, with his other leg, he puts his feet on mine and then his other leg comes and i am trapped. I struggled to get out but failed. I turned around and glared.

Let's arm wrestle. I tell him and he is shocked by my sudden question just like Jin and Yoongi.

What's with the sudden question? Yoongi asks.

Your friend here, trapped both of my legs. I smile sarcastically and the grip of Jungkook's feets lessen. Taking this as an opportunity to free myself, i did.

Fine. He says as he puts his hand on the table gesturing me to join.

You'll win, he is weak. Jin says.

Woah! Thanks for being in my favour for the first time Jin. I laugh and he glares at me. My hand is in his, we hold tightly.

1! Yoongi starts counting as we set our hands and hold tightly. Sana and Taehyung's attention comes on us.

2! Our eyes meet and we both glare at each other and suppress a smile that is threatening to form. Then once again back to our intense eye contact session.

3! I quickly put all my force on my hand and Jungkook's hand is already halfway turned to his left which means i am about to win. Within fifteen seconds, his hand hits the table and i win.

I won! I smiled

Fine, so what? I laugh at him. The teacher enters the class causing us to stop playing around as we greet him. Jungkook pokes my back with his  hand. I glance under his bench. He is holding out his hand for me to take. I take his hand and his grip on my hand tightens just as mine. I blush at the thought of him holding his hand out for me. Till second period ended, we continued the game.

Tzu, look. Sana says as she turns around and i look at the copy she just gave me, it contains drawings. It's a drawing of me, Jungkook arm wrestling. I smile at the drawing, it is perfect. Sana excels in drawing. She loves drawing.

It's breathtaking. I say as i touch the drawing. It's perfectly detailed and I can't believe she made it under one period. It shows Jungkook's hairs falling on his eyes and his detailed eyes watching mine carefully just as mine and our hands together.

Look. I say and it grabbed the attention of all the three boys.

I can make it better. Jin says taking the copy from my hand and with pencil, he does something. Jin also loves drawing. I came 1st in drawing in fourth grade but now i hate it. I don't know why, but i do.

Look. He shows Sana first and she grins looking at it.

Thanks. She says and Taehyung pokes her arm.

Don't smile like that at him. He says glaring at Jin and Jin laughs. Sana gave it back to me. Out of nowhere, i felt someone's hot breath on my neck. I turned my head to find Jungkook looking at the drawing. His face was so close to me that i felt his breath on my neck. I quickly turn my head away cause if Jungkook also turns his head to look at me, there would be so less distance between us.

It's beautiful. He says and smiles as i look at him.

Jungkook. Taehyung calls Jungkook and he looks at him just as i do.

Can you lean in a bit more? Taehyung teases smiling but pain was flashing in his eyes. But i couldn't help but smile at what he said and Jungkook seems to be blushing too but he ignored him.

You like it? His breath fans my neck as i smile.

I love it. I looked at him and he chose the same moment to look at me, we stare into each other's eyes for some time.

No doubt boy stealer. Jin mutters as Jungkook lean back in his seat and i turn my face towards Jin and smile sarcastically before scowling at him trying to hide the blush covering my cheeks.

The day went on and it was lunch, finally. Me, Mina and Sana sat at our usual place. Jimin and Taehyung came talking about something.

Mingyu? Really? Taehyung ask Jimin as if he is not believing what Jimin is saying.

I just love this name "Mingyu" for no particular reason, i think it's cool.

Mingyu likes Iu as in Lee Ji-eun? Taehyung ask in disbelief.

No but Iu likes Mingyu. I sense it whenever she looks at him. Jimin says. With the mention of Iu's name Sana's face lits up. She tried telling me something by her actions as i watch her doing weird stuff.

But i thought, Iu had a boyfriend, didn't she? Taehyung asks.

I don't know about that but there was a rumour of her and jungkook dating. I choked on my food. My eyes shot up at both of them.

What? I ask

Iu and jungkook like each other. There is a rumour since last year that they are dating. Jimin finishes off as my life finishes.

What!? I yelled standing up and diverting everyone's attention to me. I look down as i blushed heavily.

I am so done with my life! I whisper as my stupid friends laugh at me and i turn away ready to walk away when I bump into someone. Mingyu. But this is not what caught my attention, it's Jungkook beside him. I lock my eyes with Jungkook as i walk past him, finally out of the cafeteria.

❝ʜᴇ ʜᴀs ᴀ ɢɪʀʟғʀɪᴇɴᴅ....ᴀɴᴅ sᴀᴅʟʏ,
ɪᴛ's ɴᴏᴛ ᴍᴇ.❞

——————————————————

Hey guys!
How ya doing?
I just woke up😂
Love ya❤❤