Chapter 13: Half-bloods

Start bij het begin

        "Jac this was your father's weapon, or at least the replica he made for you hoping you had the same weapon."

        "Just in case I wanted to let you go through all the other weapons first, but I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree."

        He opened the box and inside was the coolest weapon I had ever seen, it was a double sided battle axe with two ends per side in the middle of it was a dragon engraving. I delicately lifted it out and instantly felt the connection Sensei was talking about.

        I did not say I felt a connection at first because I was afraid of another false alarm. Me and Mike got into our fighting stance. This time I felt more confident so I attacked first, I swung the axe in a wide arc, Mike tried to deflect my hit but the axe was more powerful than him and his weapons so he stumbled back. I also backed up but it was because he was doing the same thing he did with the mace in the beginning of the sparring but this was way more powerful the last one I did not see it but everyone in the room backed up also Mikes eyes did the same thing Justins did the other week but this was totally different his eyes were pulsing black and the power eminating from the two weapons was stronger. The plasma kept growing until it was the size of a soccer ball.

        Crack. BOOM. I had blasted Mike through the wall before he could shoot it at me.

        Everything was silent for a moment. Until Sensei finally spoke.

        "Everyone draw your weapon. I sense a great evil among us." Sensei said on edge.

        From the spot where I had blasted Mike through the wall dark wisps of plasma lashed out violently. Mike stepped out the wall he had a silhouette of darkness surrounding his skin and tentacle like energy coming out his back like an octopus. I could no longer feel my best friends presence instead all I felt was the the evil coming from him.

        With the snap of his fingers MIke sent everyone flying in opposite directions of the room. At that moment the council walked in.

        "WHAT IS GOING ON!" Concilman Shockwave bellowed.

        "WE DON'T KNOW, MIKE AND I WERE FIGHTING WITH OUR CHOSEN WEAPONS AND UMM WELL THIS HAPPENED!" I explained over the noisy crackling of energy that now enveloped over Mike's entire body.

        "HA,HA,HA YOU DIDN'T THINK THAT I WOULD WILLINGLY ALLOW MY FAVORITE PET TO TURN ON ME."

        Wait I knew that voice it was-

        "DILFAR YOU LITTLE WIMP YOU ALWYS WERE TO COWARDLY TO DELIVER ANY MESSAGES PERSONALLY!" Councilman Shockwave said with malice that was obviously personal.

        "DON'T WORRY LEO SOON YOU WILL SEE ME AND I KNOW HOW MUCH YOU MISS ME BUT WE SHALL MEET IN FAST TIME FOR I HAVE A PLAN TO END ALL OF YOU VEXATIOUS LITTLE NIXES."

        "YOU WISH DILFAR WE POSSES THE ASSAIDAN WARRIOR AND AS YOU HAVE BEEN ALERTED ONE OF OUR NIXES HAS ACHIEVED THE SUPER MODE YOU CAN NOT DEFEAT US."

        "BELIEVE WHAT YOU WANT TO LEO BUT BY THE END OF THE YEAR OF 2014 PYGMIAS SHALL RULE THE EARTH."

        With that last statement the noise ceased and Mike rapidly fell to the ground. I was going to catch MIke before he hit the ground but CouncilMan Shockwave held out his arm and prevented me from doing so.

        There was a sickening crack as Mikes arm hit first and snapped at the elbow.

        I pushed the CouncilMan arm out the way as I rushed to help my friend. There was a look of shock on the CouncilMans face as I slapped his arm away, I didn't know whether he was shocked because he wasn't used to being disobeyed or because I was strong enough to move his arm.

        Sensei followed behind me and attempted to go to hold his hand on Mikes forehead to determine his temperature but he quickly recoiled.

        "We need to get him to the healing Nixes immediately his temperature is ardent." Sensei said directing his voice toward Kevin seeing as how he was the fastest.

        "But Sensei how his temperature will melt through the sled." Kevin argued with a valid point.

        I picked him up and didn't even register the heat. I could feel Mikes temperature cooling, however it was not cooling fast enough, if we didn't get Mike to the infirmary fast. His brain would melt and he would die.

************************************

Emily POV:

        Once Jac and Kevin left there was nothing else to do besides wait and see. Sensei retreated to his room to do paper work and Justin and I went to the den it was still 10:00 am and Sensei cancelled my private lesson so I had the whole day to waste. I was stuck on deciding what to do though. after watching Guardians of the Galaxy (Awesome Movie) me and Justin decided to go check on Mike.

        When we got to the Infirmary the receptionist told us what room Mike was with an attitude of course. I was used to it by now though, ever since Mike came people have been questioning the safety of having a raised Pygmian among them and Mikes admittance to the infirmary with a temperature over 200°F probably furthered any previous suspicion.

        When we walked in the room Jac and Mike were in the middle of a game of mario kart wii and Kevin was makeing the light flicker on and off but they all paused what they were doing when they saw us. I walked over and hugged Mike and gave him the get better card Justin and I had picked up, nothing fancy just a piece of paper that simply said hope you get better. I didnt know if my mind was playing tricks on me but when I looked over at Jac during giving Mike a hug he looked jealous.

        "So how you feeling" Justin asked.

        Mike opened his mouth to speak but instead of his voice coming out it sounded like the reminence of Dilfar, this obviously scared him as he quickly closed his mouth. After completley making sure his voice was back he finally spoke.

        "I woke up about five minutes ago I have a light pounding in my head but the healers say it should go away in a few hours. The only thing wrong with me now is my senses, they seem to be going on the fritz and the Healers dont know why. The only thing still working is my eyesight and even thats spotty.

        There was a beep in the room and Justin looked at his phone then at us and said that there were two half bloods robbing a bank.

        "Thats immpossible Half bloods would not have the cognative ability to devise a plan to rob a bank. Much less succsesfully." I argued.

        "Well these two do and from what im seeing they have no defects and there extremly efficient but there not facing the bank cameras so I can't see there faces." Justin said very engrossed in engrossed in what was happenning at this bank.

         "Umm what are half bloods." Jac and MIke said in Unison.

        "Oh sorry guys we forgot about you for a sec, well you see half bloods are humans that some time along the line of their ancestors they had a Nix but the Nixes children did not breed with other Nixes and instead they breeded with humans. Later along this line of family in one generation the gene pops up again unexpectanly creating new powers, however due to the fact that the generations body can not compensate for Nix power in human genetics it causes various mental illneses such as Down Syndroum and other illness that can effect brain development. It is very rare to find a Half-Blood that is fully functioning."

        "We may need you Jac, half-blood powers can be very deadly and they always very so we don't know what we will be going against. Are you in?"

        "Justin you ready with the PPB!" I yelled over the rustle of everyone getting ready.

        Justin opened the portal and we all went in I heard a yelp that sounded like Kevins voice and smelled the odor of burning fabric.

        Will those two ever grow up. I thought to myself as we went to face the first fully functioning Half-Bloods.