Chapter 2- Fire Dragon vs Sun Lion

Start from the beginning

Escanor slowly walked up to him and sent an uppercut straight in his face, causing him to spin a whole 10 times until falling into the ground with a loud slam.

"Foolish child, I am the only one worthy of touching Rhitta!"

Escanor then picked back up the one-handed axe with little effort and rested it on his shoulder, waiting for his opponent to get back up. Natsu eventually lifted himself off the ground, but with lots of shaking in his arms and the expression of extreme pain.

Taking the moment to strike, Escanor swung Rhitta upwards into the air, slamming it back down to create a wave of fire heading straight at Natsu, causing the young mage to become coated in smoke. Escanor gained a small smile from his accomplishment, but as soon as the smoke cleared, Natsu was nowhere to be seen.

Without warning, Escanor was hit in the back of the head, causing him to lean towards in surprise and use Rhitta to support himself, meanwhile it was revealed that Natsu was the one to attack him, sending a roundhouse to the Lion Sin's head to make him nearly fall down completely on the ground.

"What?! That kid just literally floored Escanor!" Hawk yelled.

"Ha! Take that ya old geezer, just cuz you've grown a few muscles and an actual spine doesn't mean you're stronger than me!" Natsu boaster, taking the opportunity to laugh at his opponent.

Escanor didn't take the insult however, and so swung Rhitta straight at him. Natsu almost lost his focus for a second, but thanks to an instinctual effort to catch the blade with both of his hands, he avoided being cut in half at the last second.

"It's not so wise to be so boastful in the middle of battle child." Escanor declared, pushing Rhitta further at Natsu, who was barely able to keep it at bay.

"Are you serious...?" The Boar Hat crew said at the same time.

Natsu finally managed to push Rhitta away from his body, pulling it away from his body as he attempted to escape his perilous situation. Just as he managed to push it as far away as he could, Escanor suddenly pushed it back to nearly scratch his torso, with Natsu now struggling even more to keep it from touching him.

"Hrrgh, I don't get it! There's no way this guy was this strong just a couple of minutes ago!" The Dragon Slayer yelled.

"Natsu is right guys, it's like this guy's strength is increasing as time goes by..." Lucy added.

The Boar Hat crew couldn't help but snigger at their observation, since they themselves knew exactly what was happening.

Eventually Natsu managed to push Rhitta back, giving him enough time to escape before the Divine Axe hit the ground hard with enough force to shake the earth. Once the quake ended, Natsu was internally praising Mavis that he wasn't hit by that attack.

When he finally recovered enough from the shock to get into a fighting stance, he started summoning flames from both of his hands.

"With the flames in my left hand, and the flames in my right hand... Fire Dragon... BRILLIANT FLAME!"

With that, Natsu grasped both of his hands together to make a fireball that was more than twice as large as he was, and sent it flying directly at Escanor. Escanor in response, lifted his open hand and summoned a fireball with equal size to Natsu's, but a more orange colour and appearing more like a sun.

"How impudent... CRUEL SUN!"

Escanor sent his own attack at Natsu's. With that both attacks clashed, as it looked like they were equal, neither attack managing to overpower the other. Hot flames were flying everywhere. Gray created an ice barrier to protect his friends, only to find it melting at an alarming rate, while King summoned 'Pollen Garden' to shield the Boar Hat group, effortlessly blocking the heat. It seemed like a complete stalemate for both fighters until...