Chapter 26

Anastasia POV;

The pack had been ready and able to go in good time so after we’d parked and were heading towards the club half an hour after it had opened, we’d arrived in time to avoid the Royals. Despite it only being Prince Maxim and his mate opening the club, I didn’t want to take any chances and the pack likewise agreed with me.

The line into the club decreased quickly and soon we were inside; the club had a great interior layout, suitable and modern with a flavor of tradition mixed in. The masks on those who were unmated added to the mystery of the club and heightened the energy and excitement of the atmosphere. I’d caught a glimpse of Prince Maxim and Princess Sophia cozying up together in the V.I.P area when taking Ellie and Mine in there, but otherwise saw none of the other family members. I grew annoyed at myself as I felt a chip of disappointment fall away from me, as the small hope I’d secretly been entertaining of my mate being here was crushed. Why would he be here when I already knew he wouldn’t be?! Don’t be so silly Anastasia. I reprimanded.

I started heading back towards the bar beginning to feel the need for a drink and ignored several flirty looks and winks passing me. Then suddenly I felt it… the change. A noticeable change of sensation in the atmosphere, or…was it just me? Finding a free space against the nearest wall, I quickly seized the space and leant against it; putting my hands on my knees and taking several deep breaths, I tried to calm my suddenly overactive pulse. I didn’t understand it, what could have caused such a reactive change? Standing back, I pressed my back fully against the wall and closed my eyes on the feeling of pulled in a certain direction, as well as the enquires from the over flirty men standing next to me. My skin began to slowly heat from toe to head, as though someone was running a heater up my body, causing my skin to flush.

It wasn’t until I opened my eyes that I understood why. There he stood, on the other side of the room with his beautiful face half hidden behind a mask- it took me a moment before I realized the mask was to hide his presence since he wasn’t supposed to be here. At the point our eyes met, I knew it was his gaze and his gaze alone that could affect me so dramatically. My Prince…here after all. Upon hearing him growl protectively, probably due to having noticed the males admiring glances from beside me, I felt a coy, shy smile touch my expression. However at seeing his face dragged away from me by the hand of some dolled up bimbo hanging onto him, I let out a chesty snarl of my own. How dare she!

Without hesitation, I slip lithely from my space and head in their direction. You’re going to take your paws of what’s mine Bitch. I thought as I came up effortlessly behind them, my hands balled into fists as I forced myself to remembered who I was and how I should handle this as I struggle to rein in my temper. “Get. Away. From. Him.” I snarl sharply through gritted teeth. Catching my warning, in spite of the deafening music, the group of tarts turn around and stare at me wide-eyed; I glare challengingly at them and soon enough they scatter. That’s right run along you little tarts- you really wouldn’t want to stick around if I have to say it twice.

“Nice kitty.” His voice murmurs enchantingly in my ear as his strong arms circle my waist- good job he was holding me really because the sound of his voice after such a long time was enough to make me forget how to stand. I relax back into him, savouring the moment as he holds me closer. “We need to be alone.” He growls seductively. Turning me around and taking my waist he leads me to a secluded corner hidden by a pillar and protected by surrounding drapes. Squeezing past I find myself pressed against the wall and Kellen drawing up in front of me with a desperate inch between us- the wall and pillar working well in pushing us together. “Much better.” He breathes.