“No, not at all but thank you for asking” I smile as I hesitantly walk to the front door. Stepping though the door, I find the whole pack including the mates congregated in the living room; all turn anxiously when they hear me enter, they’re expressions full of concern.

“Ana!” several voices say at once.

“Relax guys.  It looks worse than it is, honestly.” I say grinning, trying to lighten the mood. Several smile back and I feel relief spread through the atmosphere. “However there is something I’d like to discuss with the whole pack now that I’m back. If you’d all sit down please.” I say switching tone to authoritive, making my way to the living room to sit down.

Doing as they’re told, they sit looking at me expectantly. “I’m sure you are all now aware of the fact that I am the Prince’s mate, yes?” They all nodded, a few of the mates looked surprised but pleased nevertheless. “I would have told you all sooner if I had not thought it safer to keep you in the dark. I haven’t told the Prince who I am and I’d like to keep it that way, its safer for this pack and the Royal family if they don’t know for the time being. Do you all understand?”

“Yes Prowess” they all bow a few of them grinning.

“Any questions or problems?” I ask warily.

“Did you purposely miss the Check?” asks Kelly lightly. I nod.

“How did you know about the fight?” Asks Mine curiously.

“It was what my father wanted to speak to me about. James’s visit there was to tell me to warn the Royals or the packs, about an attack the southern rogues were planning for when the check went underway.” I explain.

“Could you not have told us sooner?” speaks Vince.

“With the check looming after the ball, I didn’t want to take the risk. After the fight at the ball, I had a suspicious feeling that the rogues would be watching the Royals on the check so I couldn’t risk either this pack or the Royals lives by allowing either the Prince or you all to know who I am.”

“So…the pack pictures…your scent…locking your office…?” Questioned Ellie frowning.

“All hidden to make sure the Prince didn’t recognize anything here that might make him ask further leading questions.” I answer firmly. For several moments the pack said nothing and when the silence was broken, relief floods my system.

“You really did do everything to protect both parties, huh?” Grunted Brandon before smirking, “gotta hand it to you Prowess, you really thought this through.” He spoke impressed, many other pack members nodding in impressed agreement.

“How’s the Prince coping with your attack and everything?” Lindsey asks worriedly.

My expression stiffens as my gaze hardens at recalling his self-loathing; guilty, frantic thoughts about not protecting me, making me shudder internally. “He’s fine thank you.” I answer briskly, standing up.

“Any problems or issues, my office door is always open.” I call out kindly to lessen the blow of my previous tone.

“Prowess?” I turn automatically to face the caller. Puck rose from the sofa and stood in the middle of the group, who’d turned to look at my retreating form. “Are you ok?”

Blinking in shock at the raw concern and worry his voice chocked out, I smile as warmly as I can and nod before heading into my office.

Once inside I sink down onto my desk; shoving my head into the confines of my arms and groan exhaustedly. Are you ok? I don’t know, am I ok anymore?

Without my Prince… No. No, I’m not.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Upload after this will be a DOUBLE UPLOAD, so you'll get TWO chapters at once. It will be on 8th September as it will be my sister and I's birthday and cause we're twins, twin upload ;D

It will be worth the wait... ;)

Love you all! <3 COMMENTS & VOTES please! <3