Chapter 6

Lyndsy Fonseca as Amanda Rey

Word Bank:
Avia = Grandmother in Latin

_______________________________________________________

Fia's POV

He basically eye-raped my body. It was as if he has never seen tattoos before, they weren't even tattoos, they were made with bat blood and melted obsidian, and of course a little bit of magic. 

I sat down uncomfortably. I didn't feel like saying anything smart to him, little did I even know what I would say. I really need to get on with studying my English. 

I woke up in quite a bad mood this morning. My side hurt and my skin was all dry from the bath I took last night. I hated not getting enough sleep. I needed my sleep in order to function—oh, and also my coffee. I wasn't quite sure how to ask for coffee in English so I ended up doing a hand sign of me holding a hot mug and drinking from it towards Amanda. 

The angel laughed. I got even more mad at him. 

he must've noticed me starring lasers into his head. I was secretly seeing if I could make him explode without using my magic but, sadly it didn't happen. "Oh—oh sorry, I just thought it was quite cute," He stammered out. I gave him a fake polite smile, kinda like the ones that my Avia would give when I would mess up on my magic. Tight and strained. 

A few moments after Amanda arrived—thankfully with my coffee—with two plates in her hands and one resting on the inside of her elbow like a waiter. The creamy scrambled eggs are what caught my attention first, they reminded me of my Avia. Mama would always get her to cook when she was living with us because Mama sucked at it, her eggs would always come out plain and dry and her meat burnt to a crisp. That resembled nothing to what was currently on my plate; the juiciness of the sausages was dripping down the side of them while the eggs had a nice small little garnish. I always thought I might turn out to be a chef when I was living in my village, I always thought I'd take after my Avia. Oh, my ancestors, I miss her so much.

I held back the tears that threatened to spill onto my perfectly plated food. I ate quickly, refusing to make any eye contact with anybody, fearing that I might cry in front of them. Nobody talked throughout breakfast, it was quite depressing, to say the least. I mean,  I didn't want to talk to anybody but eating in complete silence with no background noise is sort of boring. I was always used to listening to the wilderness everytime I ate, or the yells of people in the background from where I used to live. That was a scary time. 

I was feeling sentimental this morning, I'm not sure why. I think by being in this house I'm realising how grateful I should be for that time that I actually used to live in a safe home. You never really experience how good something is until you no longer feel it anymore. 

"Fia?" I looked up at Amanda, she called my name. "How about we do some online shopping today, yea? Get you some nice clothes and such?"

"Okay," I answered. I didn't fully understand everything she said, I understood that she said, "shopping" and "clothes". I'm pretty sure that's what I'm doing today. 

For once I finished my plate of breakfast—wolves portions are always so big. Shopping was... interesting. I wasn't sure what Amanda said by "shipping", maybe it was like shopping? It sounded the same. All the clothes were on a computer screen and I got to pick from there. I wasn't sure what to pick at first, everything was so overwhelming. I ended up picking out some basic necessities like t-shirts, sweaters, jeans, pants, et cetera. 

I wasn't sure what else to do today so I opened up one of my English books that I got. I hated learning this language. It was so stupid sometimes. Read and read are spelt completely the same while can't and cannot mean the exact same thing? This is so idiotic.