Chapter 5

Adam's POV

I ran through the flowery meadows near the back of my father's territory with my newly shifted wolf. My sister and I shifted exactly a week ago, her wolf came first then mine, second. It hurt the first few times I shifted, but now, after shifting more times than I can count, I finally got the hang of it.

My dark paws hit the moist green grass that was under me. I've been completely disregarding my sister's presence until I felt her teeth nip at my hind legs.

"Hey, watch it!" My 12-year-old self mind-linked Amanda. Having the ability to mind-link is by far my favourite part of becoming a full werewolf. I felt my wolf growl at me; my second favourite part, I meant.

"I'm gonna have to take the lead, little bro," she teased. She knew I hated being called 'little bro'. My sister has always been a little bit taller than me, I hated it, but now that I'm finally growing up, I'll get my growth-spirt soon.

"You're no match for me, I was just lightly jogging."

"Yea, alright."

"What? You don't believe me?" I asked a daring tone tainting my words. "Then lets race."

"I'll beat you," She snapped back almost instantly.

"Let's see about that."

And off we went.

We were neck and neck for the longest time. Sometimes she would be able to get past me, but it wasn't for long until I caught up to her.

The run was exhilarating. I felt the sweat from my paw pads stick to the dirt, turning into a goopy, sticky mud. My heart raced just as hard as I was running: My heart took a beat, my feet hit the ground, my heart took a beat my feet hit the ground, my heart took a beat—

There was a skid.

Man, do I wish that was me who made that sound. Instead, I crashed into a wall.

A very furry wall.

My small brown snout lifted up to see my father. I'd rather have broken my snout on a brick wall. Like servants, my sister and I paused in our spots and bowed our heads.

"Adam?"

"Yes, father?" I answered reluctantly.

"You are supposed to be in the weight room, gaining your strength," He states in his stern voice through our mind link.

"Yes, I know, but I was just—"

"You are supposed to be in the weight room."

"I just wanted to go outside—"

"Why the hell aren't you in the weight room, Adam?" His voice became progressively louder. This is normally a typical sign that he's mad. Father always seems to be mad.

I laid down on my belly, my snout in the dirt as a sign of mercy. "I'm sorry."

"Sorry? Sorry, who?" He asks, his voice trailing out.

"I'm sorry, Alpha," I replied. Father always liked to be called Alpha when we get in trouble. I think he just likes to be reminded that he's above us.

"Of course you are. Now get back to the weight room, you just doubled your workout time. I hope you're proud of yourself." I got up from the ground, shaking my dark fur of the dirt that it collected. "Oh," he continued. "And if I ever see your sister beating you in a race again, you'll be sorry that I even brought you into this world."

+ = + = +

I woke up a sweaty mess. My heart was going a mile a second, and my lungs were panting as if I was actually racing my sister. I had the strongest urge to mind-link Amanda, she was always the best at calming me down.

But I didn't.

I took a breath, then another, then another. I calmed myself down with pictures of me and my mate's future. Was it too early to picture a future with her? Fuck it, I could care less about when was too soon or too late. Half of my friends that have found there mates completed their bond on their first night meeting them.

I don't blame them though, sex does sound appealing.

I've only ever watched movies and shows of it. Werewolves are very against having sex or doing anything before being with their mates. It's even punishable in some packs.

I know a couple of wolves that had sex with humans before they met their mates because apparently that 'didn't count', I don't believe in that though.

Maybe it was because I was raised by the Alpha, or maybe it was just because of my faith to the Moon Goddess, but I never believed in having sex before my mate. My mate is going to be the only person I will ever love like that.

I ended up being able to sleep for about another hour or so last night before I had to wake up. I knew I didn't have much paperwork or training to do today so I wasn't too worried, the only thing that had me thinking was my mate and what's going to happen to her.

I'm surprised she didn't leave the minute she woke up, to be honest. I knew she wasn't a wolf and that she was a witch and all, and I knew that she probably didn't understand what going on, but I'm just surprised and all that she ended up staying. 

My wolf whistled in agreement. We're glad that she didn't leave. 

It was tough getting up that morning; all I wanted to do was sleep, but the smell of my mate suddenly made it easier to get up and out of bed. I basically skipped into the dining room, boy, I was so giddy. Just thinking about her gets me and my wolf so riled up. 

The minute I saw her is when she turned around and I swear my heart skipped a beat. She looked so beautiful with her hair in this odd knot that is sorta falling off her head, she had quite a small head and a huge head of hair, it almost looked unnatural but at the same time absolutely stunning. 

My eyes travelled down her body. Today she was wearing one of my t-shirts and—what I assume is—my sister's leggings. But what really caught my eye wasn't that, it was the tattoos all over her arms. They were these symbols and shapes that were so elegantly designed; I wonder if they meant anything. 

They were made in black ink and the tattoos looked expensively made, almost as if it was made with magic. Hell, it probably was. 

I just wasn't sure what my pack would think of a Luna that was painted in tats. Especially, my father. 

_________________________________________

A shorter chapter that came out way later than it should've, I know, I'm sorry.

You guys got a little insight of what Adam's POV is like, I hoped you liked that little surprise.

School started and I've had so much homework that I haven't even been able to make any "me time". I also have lost motivation to write but I'm slowly gaining it back. 

Anyways, you should expect another chapter coming up soon, I already have an idea for what will go down. 

Please don't forget to like, comment, and share!

Thoughts?