Chapter 3

Lyndsy Fonseca as Amanda Rey

Please don't be a ghost reader! Vote and comment if you liked this chapter!

____________________________________________

(Fia's POV)

It's been about 3 hours since Amanda cussed the angel out and told him- no, demanded him to leave the room and since then it's been silence. A coat of complete awkward silence. I didn't talk, and she didn't force me to but, she refused to help me get up and leave because I'm his 'mate' or whatever. I should have really listened in school. The word sounded so familiar yet so different. It was at the tip of my brain wondering what it meant.

At the moment, I sit uncomfortably in my carpeted corner while watching Amanda lay down lazily on the bed, tossing a red ball up in the air and catching it. 

"What is his name," I blurted out.

"Hm?" She cocks an eyebrow at me. "Oh, my brother? His name's Adam, but I prefer his nickname: Ass." I let out a little unsteady chuckle. "So you're a witch... umm?" She trails off looking for a name. 

"Fia," I tell her. " And uh, yeah," I replied a little sheepishly because of the way she said it. She said it as if it was a bad thing. Being a witch is amazing.

" 'Don't know how the pack's gonna feel when they find out their luna's a witch so, be careful around them, they aren't the kindest bunch of wolfs on the block," she smirks.

My suspicion from earlier was confirmed, they are werewolves yet that didn't make that sentence any less scary than it sounded. Except something was still creeping at my mind. "Luna?"

"Yea, you're going to be a Luna since Adam's the next-in-line Alpha after my father," she confirmed. 

"I don't comprehend, sorry," I apologize. Wolves speak so fast. I haven't had to speak English in years.

"What do you mean?" She asks while propping herself up on the white bed. "Don't you witches go to Hogwarts or some shit to learn these types of things?"

"Hog whats?"

"You know, the magic school in Harry Potter?" She tells me. "None of that?" 

There was a silence, a long one. She must have seen the confused look on my face since her next question was, "Do you understand anything that I'm saying?"

I shook my head. 

"So English isn't a first for you, eh?" 

I nodded.

"That's alright, you'll learn," she tells me.

I don't want to, I think to myself. I don't want to do anything that involves me staying with these mutts for any longer than I should. 

The angel's sister left the spot on the bed to sit cross-legged in front of me. "Alright Fia, so what do you know about werewolves and mating?" She asked slowly, making the sweet tone in her voice evident and her bubble gum breath tickling my nostrils. 

I was starting to become anxious now. A cold shiver shocked my spine when the word, 'mating' left her thin pink lips. 

I remember now. 

The thousands of childhood stories of wolves finding and saving their mates started to flood my brain. I remember my mom reading those stories to me because I was so obsessed with romance as a little girl. She always used to roll her lively blue eyes because of the males being a knight in shining armour, shielding their mates from evil then ruling the world with them.

My mother taught me to see past them though. 

They never saved their mate, they trapped them and tricked them. I was not about to be put in some fairytale that is doomed to have a horrid ending. 

I'm not even a damn wolf, for the sake of my ancestors. 

I tilted my head up, chin sticking towards her. "When can I leave?" I question, although it sounded far from one. 

"Uhm," she paused for a giggle that sounded more nervous than anything. "You can't leave, I've told you this already."

"Let me leave!" I snapped. The number of furious words that I wanted to spit at her was an alarming amount, I just wish I knew enough English to do so because I would just sound stupid. 

"You can't, my brother needs you." Her voice was still the calm, soft, voice that it has been this entire time. It was difficult to keep up with the anger that I wanted to spew at her with her acting so calm.

I let out a loud exasperated breath. 

"You're being stupid y'know." 

I should've paid attention in magic school so that I would know the spell to beam lasers into her skull so that her mutt head would explode. 

"Excuse me?" I spat.

With a groan, she yanked open the bedside drawer and brought out a blank shopping list with a pen, I watched her, with her tongue between her pearly white teeth, as she wrote on it. Once she was finished, she handed it to me and put a finger on her lips, signalling me to not say anything out loud. As mad as I was, I complied. 

'We knew you were homeless, you stunk of a week's old clothes. If you were smart, you'd use our place to stay. It would make both of you happy. My brother would be with his mate, and you would have a place to eat, shower and live.'

I took a good ten minutes, looking through the text and trying to understand it. A few words stood out to me like, homeless, eat, live, brother, place to stay, simple words that I've had to use after him when I was left alone. 

I looked up at her and blinked several times to get the tears wanting to flow out of my eyes away. I still wasn't going to let them see my vulnerable side yet. 

I did need a place to say, that was a no-brainer. And obviously, they would not mind having me here and would take care of me quite well. Then, in the middle of the night when I get better and on my feet, I could leave. 

I gave her a stern, two nods since I was not sure if I could talk yet or not. 

"Wonderful!" she quickly got up and, without warning, picked me up off the ground and softly set me on the bed. It must have been werewolf strength, I thought. "I'll tell my brother the good news. 

And with that, she left, skipping with her bare tanned feet out the door and down their stairs to, probably, where the angel was. 

What have I gotten myself into?

___________________________________________

This chapter has been on the shorter side, so sorry for that. As you can see, Amanda is a little bit two-faced, but that's okay I still love her. For all you zodiac lovers, she's definetly a Gemini. 

Please vote, comment, and share this chapter if you liked it!

Thoughts?