Part 13

FADE TO:

INT.MILITARY DEO ARMY BASE-DAY

We see General Swanwick standing with a few officers in front of a monitor as the BBC news channel plays on the screens.

BBC NEWS ANCHOR
Despite the devastation caused by the extraterrestrial invasion, the heroics
of the being now being hailed as 'the Superman' by the people of Metropolis, which was the epicenter of the attack, has been to many ,not only a cause of comfort but also a sense of relief. The Superman has been seen in the city since the incident the following days , helping with the cleaning initiative of the aftermath of the invasion--

We see two quick shots of Superman helping to move the massive concrete  debris and flying down to paramedics with injured civilians in his arms on the monitor.

Another monitor showed a CNN correspondent standing among the rubble and debris of the Kryptonian invasion, interviewing a group of people. The mother of the child whom Superman had saved earlier , is seen speaking to the correspondent.

BOY'S MOTHER
It's great knowing that he's out there, you know. Someone watchin over us.

She hugs her son who's smiling widely at the camera.

BOY'S MOTHER
He saved my boy.

We see a State Senator speaking to the press on another Monitor.

SENATOR
He saved us? No, Let me correct you on that statement. We wouldn't have needed saving if he hadn't come here in the first place . There's been billions worth of collateral damage and overall world security repurcussions. Where is he now? This was his fight. He needs to answer for his actions.

We see another news correspondent on a monitor interviewing a teenaged girl who was giving a very animated explanation of how the superman swooped down and saved her.

GIRL
--and he just held it up like that.

She has her hands out to show what she means.

CORRESPONDENT
And what would you say to him if he was watching right now?

The girl pauses.

GIRL
Thank you, Superman. You saved my life....

General Swanwick smiles to himself then turns and walks away as the other officers continue to watch the many news broadcasts covering the incident.

FADE TO:

EXT. METROPOLIS- CONTINUOUS

We see metropolis basking in the sunshine as the text saying : SIX MONTHS  LATER

We see crews still rebuilding parts of Metropolis but majority of the city was now restored to it's former glory.

EXT.DAILY PLANET BUILDING-DAY

We hear applause as we see a shot of the daily planet building, it's golden globe now restored on the roof.

INT. DAILY PLANET BUILDING-DAY

We see two workmen leaving as they finished hanging up the large framed plaque on the main office floor wall. Perry watches from his office and he returns to his desk.

Co workers congratulate Lois and they return to their own work.

Lois hangs back for a bit, staring up at the framed  plaque before she turns and returns to her daily job.