Part 4

CUT TO:
EXT. OPEN OCEAN--STORMY DAY

Camera pans across a fisherman vessel at sea in stormy conditions.

The waters are choppy and the vessel is having a hard time .We see fishermen aboard the vessel adjusting and preparing the cages . We see Clark among them.

He looks older and wearier with a thick, matted beard.

Clark is busy preparing one of the fishing cages and he doesn't notice another cage dangling loosely on it's rake above him, dangerously close to dropping. One of the crewmen spots this and shoves Clark out of the way as the cage drops to the deck with a clang.

BIBBO
Watch it, dumbass! Keep yer eyes open or yer gonna  get squashed!

He helps Clark back to his feet.

CLARK
Thanks, Bibbo.

BIBBO
Where the hell'd they find you, greenhorn?

Just then, the captain's voice echoes through the speakers.

CAPTAIN
Gentlemen, secure the deck. We just got a distress signal from a rig due west of us. Secure the deck!

Clark enters the captain's cabin. He sees them heading towards a oil rig that was aflame, burning intimidatingly against the overcast day.

A coast guard chopper flies over them and the men on the chopper make contact.

COASTGUARD
All civilian boats, stand clear. The sub-sea valves failed. And the rig is about to explode.

CAPTAIN
Roger, Coastguard.But what about the men inside?

Clark looks at the captain with a concerned expression as he hears this.

COAST GUARD
Forget em. There's no way they've survived .

CAPTAIN
Goddamn it...

CLARK
There's gotta be something we can do , right cap?

CAPTAIN
Fraid not,son. We don't know the situation better than the coast guard does. And if they think it's a lost cause, nothin much else we can do.

Clark stares at the rig out in front, a determined look on his face.

CAPTAIN
Greenhorn, fetch me my binoculars.

No answer.

CAPTAIN
Greenhorn!

He turns but Clark is nowhere to be seen.

INT. OIL RIG CONTROL ROOM-CONTINUOUS.

WORKER #1
That's the last of the oxygen. I dunno know much longer we can last .

WORKER #2
Shit.What're we gonna do!?

Just then, the metal door of the room the men had sealed themselves in was ripped off it's hinges and dropped to the floor like a crumpled piece of paper.

The men stare in shock as a shirtless Clark steps in , not minding the fiery inferno around him. He's got a cloth wrapped around the bottom half of his face, concealing it.