Part 6

CUT TO:

EXT. ARCTIC POLE--DAY.

We see an exterior shot of the Kryptonian scout ship as it sits on the snowy landscape. There's nothing around anywhere to be seen except miles of snowy lands and mountains.

INT. JOR-EL'S SCOUT SHIP.

We see Clark standing in the central chamber of the ship, in front of the Command module chair of the ship. Jor-El stands with him.

JOR-EL
Insert the crystal .

He inserts the codex crystal into the a input slot in the center of the command pad of the ship.

As soon as he'd done so, an AI voice echoes through ship.

KEL-EX
Ship cloaking protocol initiated. Standby.

The surroundings begin vibrating and Clark stares around, alert, yet confused.

EXT. JOR-EL'S SCOUT SHIP-DAY.

We see massive white icicle like structure rising up out of the snowy landscape around the ship and within seconds, the ship is concealed from view behind a mound of pointy ice structure and it looked like a normal arctic land formation.

INT. JOR-EL'S SCOUT SHIP

KEL-EX
Cloaking protocol complete. Recursive diagnostics complete. Guiding presence authenticated. All systems operational.

CLARK
I've been meaning to ask. What is this thing ? ( He looks at the crystal)

JOR-EL
It's old technology from our world. An integrated interface record system, to put it mildly. I sent it with you so I could help you learn more about our culture, our history. This ship was one of the many I designed back on Krypton.

CLARK
Krypton?

JOR-EL
Yes. It's the name of the planet you come from, Kal.

As Jor-El speaks, a the surrounding around the two of them fades and a life-like 3D silvery matte holographic  depiction of Krypton appears around them.

JOR-EL (CONT'D)
Krypton was a world... with a much harsher environment than Earth's.

We see the hologram display rockets rising out of the planet , flying off into the orange skies.

JOR-EL
Long ago, during an era of expansion, our people spread out through the stars. Seeking new worlds to settle upon. They ventured out in scout ships similar but much much larger to this one.

The surrounding around them morphs to that of another planet. We see a world engine as it descends and begins terraforming the planet surface of the planet on which they stood on now.

JOR-EL (CONT'D)
We built colonial outposts on other planets using great machines to reshape the environments to suit our needs. For one hundred thousand years, Our civilization flourished.

CLARK
What happened?

JOR-EL
Our population grew at a rate that was detrimental . We began exhausting our natural resources. Artificial population controls were established. Our people created a  registry codex  that could create,harness and destroy life. It could manipulate matter down to the smallest atom as the user saw fit. When it was created, it was made with the best of intentions but over the course of centuries, it's true purpose was all but lost and it became nothing more than a
device to exact absolute control over the life on Krypton by those with the power to do so. The outposts and space explorations were abandoned. But as a result of our exhaustion of our natural resources , our planet's core became unstable. General Zod ,our military leader, your mother, Lara's brother, attempted a coup to save our people. But by then it was already too late.