PART 5

INT.BATCAVE--NIGHT.

Bruce stands in front of a glass case that contained the untouched Robin suit of Jason Todd.  The news coverage of the Metropolis bombing goes on in the background.

Alfred mutes the audio then approaches Bruce. We see Bruce has a silent scowl on his face as he gazes up at the Robin suit. 

ALFRED
Bruce...They were--It was an accident. You know that.

BRUCE
An accident...(beat) You know Lucius has a son?

ALFRED
(Nods)
Luke. Luke Fox.

BRUCE
Luke...(beat) He's doin a tour in Afghanistan. Second one. Probably his last before he retires from the military to spend time with his family. (Beat) How're you planning on telling him that this was just an accident ?

Alfred is silent.

BRUCE
Someone with that much power doesn't just make mistakes like that, Alfred. (Beat)That alien is Mayoral candidate Alexander Luthor's superpowered henchman. And guess who was one of the victims of the bombing ?

Alfred stares at Bruce.

ALFRED
You can't know that.

BRUCE
Luthor's been Superman's biggest public supporter after the black zero incident. Doesn't take a detective to put it together, Alfred.

Bruce turns and leaves, leaving Alfred to his thoughts.

INT. CLARK'S APARTMENT,LOWER METROPOLIS--NIGHT.

Clark lies on his small bed in his low cost one room dingy apartment , his eyes glued to his laptop that sat propped next to him on the bed, a somber expression on his face as he flits through the news channels.

CNN
Turpin was very vocally Anti-Superman in his run. This was very clearly a political move by the Kryptonian to establish his power. To make a point.  On this earth, every act is a political act--

METROPOLIS NOW NEWS
Among those killed in the confrontation involving the Superman today were Edge Enercorp chairman Damian Shultz,  Wayne Tech CEO Lucius Fox, Senator Stagg  and most notably, Metropolis Mayoral candidate Daniel Turpin.

As video footage of the bomb blast plays on screen, the headline on the TV reads : PUBLIC CALLS FOR ARREST OF THE SUPERMAN.

GOTHAM 7 NEWS
What legal authority does a godlike individual like the superman have? Does he even answer to any higher power? What moral constraints does this person have?

FOX NEWS LIVE
We have to understand that this is a paradigm shift. We have to start thinking beyond politics. Maybe he was just trying to do the right thing . We don't know for sure what happened until we have the facts of the situation .

FOX NEWS LIVE
Tucker you clearly saw the footage there. It wasn't like he intentionally triggered the bomb. And there are even comments coming in right now saying that there's something wrong and that there was too much of a delay before the bomb went off after superman engaged the bomber--

BBC
At the end of the day, no matter what his intentions may or may not have been, innocents died today and it's on him. Innocent blood was spilled.  Ignorance is not the same as innocence.