PART 4

CUT TO:

INT. WAYNE MANOR--DAY.

Bruce jerks awake as his phone rings.

BRUCE
Alfred?

No answer.

He groans and gets up and picks his phone from the table across his room. We see the name : LUCIUS.

BRUCE
Lucius.

EXT. METROPOLIS--CONTINUOUS.

FOX
Good morning to you, Bruce.
Woke up earlier than our usual time, did we ?

INT.WAYNE MANOR--DAY.

BRUCE
Late night.

EXT.METROPOLIS--CONTINUOUS.

Lucius chuckles.

LUCIUS
Alright. Well, I've had the specs for the new armour delivered to Alfred last night before my flight. Have you gone over it yet?

INT.WAYNE MANOR--DAY.

BRUCE
(Drinks a leafy juice set on the table)
No. Not yet. Headin down in a bit.

EXT.METROPOLIS--DAY.

LUCIUS
The new armour plating should be able to absorb kinetic energy and dispell it out so I would say you should be safe from the impact of the standard bullet train, if it holds up.
Although I'd advise you against doing exactly that to test it out.

INT.WAYNE MANOR--DAY.

BRUCE
Good to know.

EXT.METROPOLIS--DAY.

Lucius looks out car window and we see him pass by the daily Planet building a few blocks down.

LUCIUS
Well, Anyway, I just called to let you know that I'm on my way to Mr.Turpin's now so I won't likely be available until the evening . Should be back in Gotham by tonight at the latest.

INT.WAYNE MANOR--CONTINUOUS.

BRUCE
Oh, right. Turpin. Yeah. Yeah.

EXT.METROPOLIS--CONTINUOUS.

LUCIUS
Alright. Tell Alfred I said hello, Bruce. You have a good day.

INT. WAYNE MANOR--CONTINUOUS.

BRUCE
Yeah. Bye. Yeah.

Lucius hangs the phone.

Bruce looks at himself in the mirror. He is shirtless and we see the blue-purple bruising on parts of his body. He then gets up and opens his wardrobe.

INT.BATCAVE--CONTINUOUS.

Alfred is working on the Cowl of Batman's armour as Bruce exits the elevator . Alfred is not wearing the usual suit, instead he was wearing something closer to that of a mechanic.

BRUCE
You're still working ? You're getting slow in your old age, Alfred.

ALFRED
Comes to us all, Master Wayne. Even you've got too old to die young. And not for lack of trying.