Part 5

CUT TO:
EXT. ARMY BASE. CANADIAN ALPS--DAY.

A chopper lands on the pad . Snowy mountains all around. We see that Clark is one of the helpers gathered there .

The helicopter doors slide open and LOIS LANE appears.

Clark helps Lois down from the chopper.

LOIS
Thanks.

Clark nods with a smile. She then turns to one of the men .

LOIS
Hi.

MAN
Miss Lane. How you doing?

LOIS
Good.

MAN
Jed Eubanks. Arctic Cargo.

They shake hands.

LOIS
How far to the station?

JED
Uh... Camp's just over the rise. C'mon, I'll walk you over.

LOIS
Great.

JED
I gotta confess, Miss lane. I'm not huge a fan of the Daily Planet.... But .. those pieces you wrote when you were embedded  with the first division were... I gotta
say it was impressive.

LOIS
What can I say? I get writer's block If I'm not wearing a Flak Jacket.

INT. ARMY RESEARCH BASE-DAY.

A very stern looking man in his Kate forties walks up to Lois as Jed Eubanks drops her off.

COLONEL HARDY
Miss Lane. Colonel Hardy, US Northcom.

Lois extends her hand to shake his but the colonel ignored it, holding his hands behind his back as he turned to the other man with him.

COLONEL HARDY
This is doctor Emil Hamilton.

DOCTOR HAMILTON
S.T.A.R labs Northcom military division.

COLONEL HARDY
You're early. We weren't expecting you till tomorrow.

Lois smiles at the colonel passive aggressively .

LOIS
Yeah. I know. Which is why I showed up today. Look,guys. Let's get one thing straight. The only reason I'm here is because we're on Canadian soil and the appellate court overruled your injunction to keep me away. So... If we're done measuring dicks can we move on?

Doctor Hamilton stifles a snicker as Colonel Hardy stares at Lois.

We then cut to Lois, Doctor Hamilton and Colonel Hardy gathered around one of the tech guys sitting at the think tank.

TECH GUY
NASA'S eos satellites pinged  the anomaly first . The ice shelf plays hell on the echo soundings ... but there's definitely something in there.

LOIS
A submarine? Soviet era maybe?

DOCTOR HAMILTON
Not likely. The object in there 300 feet long. Considerably larger than anything built back then.

COLONEL HARDY
I've cross checked all records of any vehicles, air or sea that were dispatched in the area.No matches.
Plus, the tectonic discrepancies date back to the mid to late eighties.