PART 7

CUT TO:

INT.DAILY PLANET BUILDING--DAY.

CNN NEWS REPORT
--and as reports are coming in, we can now confirm that the national department of defense has launched a national manhunt for the Batman, working with the Gotham city police department, after last night's events . The warrant stands on accounts of breaking and entering into an authorized Government compound, attacking officers and destruction of government property . That would put the Bat vigilante second at the top of Interpol's red notice, with only known mercenary Anatoli Knyazev given more priority. Meanwhile, The Superman,himself a figure of quite a bit of controversy recently, was also seen leaving the facility--

Lois exits the elevator onto the newsroom floor.

LOIS
Yeah. Yeah. Thanks. I'll be there at around 11. Is that good? Yeah? Thanks. Buh-Bye.

Lois takes off her bag at her desk, having just arrived. She sees Clark watching the news report about the Batman .

LOIS
D'you know what he was
doing there ?

CLARK
(Pauses thoughtfully)
Well, there's a lotta folks that would like to get their hands on Kryptonian technology.

LOIS
But why though? What would  he even do with somethin like that ? Considering, y'know, his line of work mostly involves beatin criminals to a pulp with his bare hands. 

CLARK
Sell it for money maybe ? Make his job easier for him ? I dunno... But whatever he's doing, if it involves Kryptonian tech, it can't be good news. 

Jimmy hurries to them and switches the channel, a surprised look ok his face.

LOMBARD
(Sitting nearby)
Hey, what the hell, kid! I was--

JIMMY
You guys need to see this.

We see Senator June Finch on the monitors at a press conference.

METROPOLIS NOW NEWS
How do we determine what's good? In a democracy, good is a conversation. Not a unilateral decision. So, I urge Superman, to come to this hill of the people to see those who have suffered as a result of his careless , ignorant actions.The world needs to know what happened at the Hunter fort building. And to know what he stands for. How far will he take his power.Does he act by our will, or by his own?

PERRY
(who had joined the group while they were watching)
Grace, New headline. 'End Of Love Affair With Man In The Sky ?'

GRACE
Okay boss.

Lois looks over reproachfully at Clark.

Close on  Clark's troubled/distraught face as he watches the broadcast.

CUT TO:

INT.LEXCORP RESEARCH PARK, METROPOLIS--DAY.

Luthor walks forward confidently, holding out a hand. Senator Finch and two other senators walk to meet him.

They are in the main lobby of the facility. On your visitors pass by, employees okay recreational basketball nearby, employees are being served Starbucks in a corner stall.

LUTHOR
Well if isn't the woman of the hour!

SENATOR FINCH
(Shakes his hand)
Mr.Luthor.