PART 8

CUT TO:

INT.DAILY PLANET BUILDING--DUSK.

Perry is in the meeting room with a few other reporters of the daily planet when Lois bursts in,an exhilarated twinkle in her eye.

She holds up the zip lock bag with the bullet in it.

LOIS
No match. My guys in the crime lab? Never seen one.

Perry takes the packet and squints at it.

PERRY
It's called a bullet. You shoot people with it.

LOIS
Recovered from the scene of the Hunter Fort bombing. Not sold anywhere commercially in the world, even black market.

PERRY
So?

LOIS
So who gave prototype military rounds to armed mercenaries ?

PERRY
You're the reporter. You tell me. And
I thought I told you to pursue the Batman story?

LOIS
And I'm respectfully not listening to you. This is a much more important story and you know you'll get way more traction from it.

PERRY
(Irritated)
Lois. Are you trying to piss me off ? 
Do you not understand what the concept of a superior at a workplace is ? 

LOIS
Perry , unless my instinct is wrong , which it never is, there's a good story in this. And, it's a story that involves Superman and, if my theory proves right, Lex Luthor. 

Perry pauses. Others in the room look up.

PERRY
That's a bold swing, Lois. You better have something solid to follow up with such a claim.

LOIS
Flight to DC tonight. Couple of days there and I'll get you your somethin solid.

PERRY
(hesitates)
Fine. Go. Coach. No extra leg room.

LOIS
Economy plus.

PERRY
Coach! And what the hell am I supposed to do about the Batman article now ?

LOIS
(as she hurriedly exits the room)
Oh, Clark's already covering it. I think he's headed to Gotham tomorrow .

Perry blinks.

PERRY
Does anybody here actually even listen to what I tell em to do ?

An eldery janitor that was mopping rhe floor in the room stops and raises his hand slowly.

CUT TO:

EXT.LEXCORP ESTATE, METROPOLIS--NIGHT.

We get a shot of the sprawling estate.

INT.LEXCORP ESTATE, METROPOLIS--DAY.

Mercy makes her way up the stairs to the top floor  of the Luthor mansion, entering the passcode on the final door that opened into the vast personal lab where Luthor was working. His t-shirt is very sooty. Opera music was blasted as he worked.   He had a chunkier arm gauntlet on now, sizeable larger than the first time we saw it. The Kryptonian armour now lay sprawled on a work table and not in it's glass containment unit.