Chapter 30

*Taylor's POV*

I sat on the bench outside of the university, with a warm cup of coffee in my hands. I was staring at Amanda's grave, thinking about our good times together. Tom was staring at me, but wouldn't sit down next to me. He just... looked at me.

I finally looked up at him, and my eyes met his. I just shook my head.

"I still can't believe she's gone." I whispered, choking on tears.

"Taylor, there isn't anything you can do about it. You can't sit here and play detective and figure out what happened. That isn't your job." He said, yelling the last few words.

I stood up. "It should be. I'm doing a hell of a lot Better than the police are." I said. Tom shook his head.

"You are going to get yourself in trouble, okay. You're letting this get to your head." He said. I rolled my eyes.

"Sorry my best friends death is an inconvenience for you."

"Taylor! You missed the deadline for International Diving Competition. You had trained your WHOLE LIFE for that. And you missed it." He said. My heart sunk, as I thought about the application papers sitting at the bottom of my purse. I tear rolled down my cheek.

"I'm sorry. I just-"

"I knew." Tom said, grabbing my hand. "I knew... about toby and Amanda."

"What?" I practically yelled the question.

"I caught them one time. He made me swear to never tell anyone. But I know guys like Toby. He likes the thrill of having to sneak around with girls... so when I saw you with him I just..." I saw Tom starting to cry.

"I wouldn't do that to you. You know that." I bit my lip, and swallowed the lump forming in my throat.

"I just love you so much. And it kills me everyday to see how much you're hurting." Tom was sobbing, and so was I. I couldn't hold it back anymore. All of my emotions were just pouring out.

"So why are we even fighting? Why do we ever fight? All that matters is how much I love you. I wouldn't ever hurt you. Just please remember that." I placed a hand on his cheek, and wiped away the tears. I kissed him, and just like every time I kiss him, felt sparks. I could feel him smiling.

"I wish you could understand how much I love you." He whispered. He placed his hand on my hip.

"Please... can we stop fighting?" I kissed him again.

"Please stay safe. Don't do anything crazy." He said. I nodded my head, but both of us were still crying.

"I can't promise anything." I said. Tom laughed.

"Please. Taylor... please. I can't watch you go through this anymore. I wake up and you are crying. I go to bed and you are crying. It kills me. You know that. It makes me die inside." Tom just shook his head, trying not to cry anymore than he already had.

"I wish I could stop being upset. But, everyday I see her grave and-"

"Taylor." I heard someone say behind me. We both whipped are heads around and saw Toby.

"Go away Toby." Tom said.

"Just let me talk to her." Toby said. Tom stood up, and walked towards him.

"Don't get near her. If you even breathe the same air as her I swear to God-" Tom yelled.

"What are you gonna do, diver boy?" Toby asked, smirking.

Before I could stop anything, Tom punched Toby right in the face. Toby fell to the ground.

"Tom!" I yelled. I pulled him away.

"What the hell man!" Toby yelled.

"If you do to her what you did to Amanda, I will kill you with my own bare hands. You got that? Don't fucking come near her ever again, or we'll have a big problem." Tom yelled.

I grabbed his hand and walked him away before anyone could see what happened.

I don't even know what just happened.

What the hell just happened.