࿏☆Confession [Part 2]☆࿏

⋆[Summary: You finally learn just  why Juuzou said no. It may not be what you were hoping for but...]

⋆[Notes: WE'RE NOT GONNA TALK ABOUT HOW LONG THIS TOOK- uh, I mean... I hope you all enjoy... *clears throat*]

⋆[Warnings: None! Just don't look behind you :)]

✘♤✘♤✘♤✘

『 "He said no." Your lip quivers as you continue to stare down at your hands. 

"I'm... so sorry, (y/n)," Akira says softly. 

She actually did feel quite terrible. She thought for sure that he would've said anything but no. You two were always so much closer than anyone else Juuzou had ever known and, sure he didn't really seem like relationship material (at least not in her eyes), but she figured it would do him some good. 

To call the next few days awkward was most definitely an understatement. It seemed like wherever you went, he was already there. Same time, same place, and completely by coincidence. Nothing could compare to the uncomfortably quick glances that you two would share before instantly looking away. It was like trying to ignore the existence of something that was constantly in your face. Impossible and insufferably annoying.

The worst part?

He didn't seem to be as... uncomfortable as you were.

It was like he was simply ignoring the fact that your feelings were spilled out in front of him without you even knowing, and now he couldn't even show a bit of compassion since he rejected you.

Your squad members were either completely ignoring the fact that the two of you were suddenly acting different around each other, or they were completely oblivious. You were just about done with this charade when the absolutely worst happened. Well, perhaps it was not the actual absolute worst, but it came rather close in your book.

Sparring. 

The practice of bettering your hand at self defense was most certainly not common. In fact, it happened quite consistently to ensure that everyone was keeping up with their training and own personal skills and thus, squads practicing together wasn't exactly rare. Yet, you never for a moment imagined this would happen to you.

"(L/n)!" your name rings throughout the pristine halls of the CCG as you come to a stop, catching your breath.

"Yes... sir..." you manage to pant in between breaths, "Reporting for duty sir," you lock your arms against your sides as you salute your squad leader.

He looks you up and down, snarling at your tardiness before sighing deeply. 

"You're late," he states, his tone full of seriousness and an amount of forced dignity he only wished he could truly possess.

"Exactly twelve minutes and forty-three seconds so, sir," you state, not moving an inch. You watch his eye twitch in annoyance.

Hey, if you were going to be nagged by him every time you did something even slightly against his taste, you could at least find the end of his rope.

"Get in there and find your partner," he growls, thrusting a hand to the large white doors behind him. 

You pull the door open and stand to the side, expecting him to walk in first but at a second glance you catch him making his way down the hall.

"Sir?" you inquire, "Where are you-?"

"To finish the paperwork you were to complete if you would've arrived on time like the rest of your team," he snarls.