epilogue

Five years later

I finally finished college. After four full years, I am finally done.

Now, I'm curently back in New Jersey, visiting my family. My mom is still with Lucas, Andrew and Michelle just got back from their colleges too. Gabe and my dad decided to pay a visit to us, to celebrate with my mom and I that I finished college.

I just woke up from a two-hour sleep, at nine am. I just... couldn't sleep.

I am on my way to my favorite coffee shop in this city for my cappuccino. I missed that place so much!

As I was slowly enjoying my coffee at a table, reading a book, I hear the familiar little bell that was right above the door. In reflex, I lift my head from the book, and see him.

Grayson Dolan. My childhood best friend and who I thought it was the love of my life.

Before we went to college, me in San Francisco, and him in Los Angeles, we decided to have a long-distance relationship. It worked for the first four months. Every two weeks either him or I would fly to each other, and we would spend a weekend together. But, those two weeks turned into three weeks, then in a month, until we decided it was the time to break-up. We didn't have time for each other, and we both wanted to stay in college.

For a month, it was okay. We still talked over the texts, but, suddenly, it stopped. I don't know why, though.

Every time I went to New Jersey, I stopped by his house, but he was never there. Or that's what Lisa and Sean told me.

So, we just stopped every form of contact. For four years.

But now, after all this time, I feel like all my feelings are coming back.

Standing here, after so long, and looking at him... Wow, he's changed! He's definitely taller, or I got shorter. He's more muscular and tanned than he was before college. I guess LA did good on him. He changed his haircut, and he had a beginning of beard. He was wearing a pair of shorts, a simple t-shirt, and both his hands in his pockets. When he takes his right hand out of the pocket, to check his phone, I see something on his finger. The ring... He was still wearing it. Just like me. I couldn't take it off. At all. I guess he couldn't too.

His eyes fall on me and I gulp. A smirk appears on his face, as he waves at me. My cheeks turn red, but I couldn't control it. After all this time, his famous smirk had the same effect on me.

Awkwardly, I waved back, smiling like a weirdo. I see him heading in my direction, and my heart beat goes wild.

He stops right next to my table, not taking a seat. I gulp, looking up at him and not knowing what to do.

“Hi, Kayla.” he said, after clearing his throat.

Oh my God, he got hotter! His voice is so deep and raspy. Maybe he just woke up.

“Hi, Grayson.”

The End

Thank you for everything! Thank you for your votes, your comments, your commitment to read this book. I love you all! 💕
New book is coming soon. 🤫