four

Today is the party. My first party. Wow, it's so sad. I'm seventeen and today is my first ever party.

Yesterday, Vicky and I went shopping for outfits for the party. I wanted to wear something basic at first, like a pair of jeans and a shirt, but when I sent a picture to Grayson, he almost yelled through the phone not to buy it. So, half of hour later, we find the perfect clothes. A pair of black high waisted shorts and a maroon long sleeved crop top with a little flower on the left side. Vicky is going to wear a blue summer dress.

Jason's been spending almost all of his free time with me, especially at school. I barely talked to Vicky and Grayson. Since Tuesday he's been way too protective. I had to tell him everything I would do. Literally. I couldn't go to the bathroom without telling him. This is extremely annoying. I don't know what's wrong with him.

Now I'm in the P.E., my least favorite class, and the last one today. Victoria and Grayson are here, also Grayson's squad.

"Today we're going to play Dodgeball." fuck, no. "Dolan, Andrews, captains."

"Which Dolan?" the twins asked in sync.

"Uhm... Ethan."

I am on his team, like the rest of his friends, Victoria, and a few other kids.

The first game starts. I take out two girls from the other team, then a boy from the football team hits me in the leg. I get out of the field and watch the rest of the team.

Grayson, because he's an idiot, is eliminated by a girl. He walks to me fast and I almost yell at him.

"Why did you do that?"

"Do what?"

"You let her hit you."

"Maybe I did. Anyway, I need your help."

"What did you do? Did you kill someone and need help to get rid of the body?" I joked and he rolled his eyes.

"No, I did not."

"Then?"

"Ugh, it's so embarrassing!" he hides his face in his hands and growls. "So, I met this girl online and... uhm... she started liking me and... ugh... she asked me if I am single and I... uhm... I kind of told her I have a girlfriend. Now, she wants to see pictures of me and my non-existent girlfriend."

"You are an idiot. I swear," I chuckled as I was watching my classmates playing Dodgeball.

"I know. But... I need you to help me... by picturing as my girlfriend."

"Gray, no. I can't."

"Only for three or four pictures. Please." he grabs my hands in his and I gulp. His palms were sweaty, just like mine.

"Gray, I love you and I care about you, I really do, but... I can't do that. I have a boyfriend," I muttered and he scoffed silently. I turn my eyes to the floor and think about it.

"Please, I promise you that as soon as I send her the pictures, I'll delete them. Nobody is going to find out."

I lift my head and look into his eyes. He was almost desperate. He needed me, but... I don't know. I feel that it's going to end badly. Somehow. After reading all those books and comics and watching so many TV shows and movies, I've developed a third eye when it comes to stuff like this. But, he is my best friend. I have to help him. He needs me, and I can't let him down.

"Alright. But you'll delete them as soon as you send them."

"Promise."

A new game starts and we have to get up. I frown as I walk almost like a zombie to the field.