sixteen

Yesterday, Ethan took me to my car, protecting me from Jason. He is so nice! Even though I'm not such a good friend of his, he still helps me. I just wish more people saw that in him and Grayson. The majority of the high school only looks up to them because they are hot. And don't get me wrong, they are really hot, but there is more than just their bodies. They are two of the nicest people I know on this Earth. They care about people. Unlike other popular kids from my high school, such as Noah. He and his friends are only popular because they are on the football team and they have nice bodies. Sadly, they are only fuckboys. And a few girls from the cheer squad are just the same. They treat people like shit. The majority is scared of them. But not me. Or Vicky. Or Grayson and his friends. I hate those kinds of people.

Anyway. Let's get to the happy part. Today is my date with Grayson. I had no idea what to wear, but Vicky helped me pick an outfit. I think she knows something I don't know. She picked for me a pair of black skinny jeans, a simple maroon t-shirt, shorter in the front, and a plaid shirt. I'll be wearing a pair of brown boots. Pretty casual, if you ask me.

 Pretty casual, if you ask me

Vicky also did my makeup. She used only nude colors, as I asked her. Also, she rocked the winged eyeliner. Her makeup skills are way better than mine. That's why I asked her to do it.

It's 6 pm, when I finally finish getting ready. I grab my phone and walk out the room. I head downstairs. I hear two familiar voices coming from the hallway. That sounds like Michelle and Grayson. Oh, no, I should've walked downstairs earlier.

I walk to the the door. When Grayson sees me, he sighs, and almost yells 'finally'. I chuckle, and my step-sister turns around. She rolls her eyes when she sees me.

“Anyway. I liked talking to you. Bye, Grayson!” she said, sending him a kiss. I bite my lips, trying not to laugh. She walks past me, then up to her room.

“So, I see you're hitting on my step-sister now, huh?” I joked and his cheeks turned red.

“It was so awkward!” he covers his face with a hand. “This is for you,” he says, giving me an orange rose.

“Aww, thank you!” I grab it and hug him tightly.

“Shall we?” he raised his eyebrows, offering me his arm. I wrap my hands around his elbow and walk out of the house. I close the door before me, then we head to his car.

He opens the car door for me. I smile, walking in. He closes it, then runs around the car and gets in his seat. We buckle out seat belts, then he starts driving.

I look at his outfit. He is wearing a pair of black jeans, a white shirt and a military green jacket. He looked good.

“So, are there any chances that you're telling me where we're going?” I asked, grabbing the aux cord.

“Somewhere high.”

“Like...?” I insisted.

“I'm not telling you. You'll just have to wait and see.”