twenty

I just woke up. It's around 9 am. I plan on going to New York to visit my dad, Gabe, and my relatives. This year they decided to meet at my dad's apartment. There aren't too many people, only my grandfather, my dad's only brother, Jacob, Olivia - his wife - and Noah - their son. My grandmother died three years ago because of cancer.

I get off the bed and walk downstairs. I see that my mom made pancakes. I smile immediately.

“Good morning, mom!” I kiss her cheek, as she takes a sip from her coffee.

“Isn't it too early for you?”

I pour coffee in my favorite mug, then add some sugar and milk. I put a few pancakes on a plate and pour maple syrup on top.

“Can I go to New York? Grandpa, Jacob, Olivia and Noah are there. I haven't seen them in a year. Please!” I make the puppy face and look at her.

“How much are you staying there?”

“The whole weekend. Please! It's the weekend I can visit dad!”

“Alright. But, be careful!”

“Thanks, mom!” I hug her and she chuckles.

I grab my plate and mug and walk upstairs. I bump into Andrew and almost spill my coffee on both of us.

“You are such an idiot!” I sighed, walking in my room.

I sit on my bed and start eating. I open the TV and watch the News. When I'm done, I put the plate and mug on my desk, then start packing. In a small suitcase I stuff a few clothes, and other important things. I walk back to the closet to pick the clothes that I'm gonna wear today. Grayson's grey hoodie almost screams at me to wear it, so I grab it. I pick a pair of black pants with a white stripe on both sides of the legs. I walk to my drawer and grab a black bra, a pair of black underwear, and a pair of white socks. I walk in the bathroom and do my morning routine, then dress up. I put the rest of the personal stuff in a small bag, then throw it in the suitcase.

I grab my phone and throw it in the front pocket of the hoodie, then grab the suitcase and walk out of my room. I walk downstairs and take my keys from the counter, heading to the front door, when Lucas stops me. I roll my eyes, then turn around to face him.

“Where are you going with the suitcase?” he asked me, then took a sip from his coffee.

“To that orphanage your family keeps talking about. You can go and tell them that I'm finally leaving. Bye!”

“Yeah, sure. Tell me where you're going or you're not leaving anywhere.” he threatened me, and I laughed.

“You are not my dad, so you can't keep telling me what to do.”

“I can talk to your mom. I'll make sure you're never going to leave the house again.” I rolled my eyes.

“She knows where I'm going, so, if you want to know, ask her.”

That's when she walks downstairs. I get to her and hug her. I kiss her cheek, smiling.

“I'll call you when I get there, I promise.” I said.

“Okay. Drive safely!”

“Bye!”

Lucas doesn't stop me this time, so I walk to the front door. I put on a pair of all-white high Nike, then walk outside. I unlock the doors to my car, then throw my suitcase in the trunk. I walk in the front seats and turn on the car and the heating system.

Wait, I can talk to Grayson. Maybe he'll come too.

I drive to his house. I pull over in front of it and see that the cars from last night are still here.