thirty

Merry Christmas, everyone! It's the first day of Christmas! Also, 8 am. Am I the only one who can barely sleep at night, and also wake up early? But only today. I hate waking up for school.

I run out of my room and see my mom walking out of her room. Her hair was extremely messy, and her face was screaming "I just woke up."

"Merry Christmas, mom!" I wished her, hugging her tightly. She starts chuckling, wrapping her arms around me.

"Merry Christmas, sweetheart!"

I run downstairs, directly to the front door. I unlock it and see two boxes wrapped in Christmas wrapping paper. I grab them, closing the door behind me. I run to the living room, jumping on the couch. Soon after, everyone is downstairs.

I rip the wrapping paper, and my mouth falls. I see an apple box. Oh my God! Yes! My last phone was deteriorating slowly. When I open the second box, I see three different phone cases, all extremely beautiful. I make a mental note to call my dad and Gabe as soon as we finish opening the gifts.

Half of hour later, we finished opening our presents. I got a pair of personalized air pods from my mom and Lucas - I guess she talked to my dad and found out what he bought me - from Michelle I got a Too Faced eyeshadow palette - extremely gorgeous - and from Andrew two sweaters from Forever 21. I thanked and hugged all of them for the gifts, then grabbed my cup of hot chocolate and walked upstairs.

After opening my new phone and installing everything I need, I use it to call Grayson on FaceTime.

"Merry Christmas, baby!" I said smiling from ear to ear.

His face pops on my screen. He was also smiling, laying in bed. He had a little pimple cream left on his forehead, close to his hairline. I also see some toothpaste on the corner of his mouth. I start chuckling, as he looks at me confused.

"Merry Christmas to you too, gorgeous! Why are you laughing?"

"You have toothpaste on the corner of your mouth and some pimple cream left on your forehead," I informed him, and he looked at his reflection. I laugh when I see him looking confused at his face. "Anyway. Are you busy later?"

"Well, I gotta pack for our trip. Remember? We leave tomorrow."

"I already packed up everything yesterday. I am not an idiot."

I see him rolling his eyes, sitting up. He lifts his head, searching for something around his room. I admire his beautiful features, like his sharp jawline and Adam's apple. God, he's so beautiful!

"I guess I'll see you around two pm at the diner."

"Fine. We'll be there." he gave me one of his famous smirks, making me smile even wider.

"Thank you! Bye!"

"Bye!"

I hang up and search for my dad's number. I call him on FaceTime immediately, and probably five seconds later, he answers. I see him and Gabe, and I feel the tears forming in my eyes. I haven't seen them in a month, and I am definitely going there when I'll be back from Los Angeles. Oh, and Gabe and I are fine now. We talked, we both apologized, and everything is fine.

"Merry Christmas, dad! Merry Christmas, Gabe!" I said smiling from ear to ear.

"Merry Christmas, Kayla!" they said in sync and I feel a tear falling from my left eye.

"Thank you both so much for the gifts! I love them! They're amazing!"

"Well, your mom told me you started complaining about your phone, so we teamed up. I am glad you like it."