fifteen

Kayla's POV

I close my locker after I grab my books. I have Geography next, with Grayson, Ethan, Nick and Mackenzie.

I haven't talked to Grayson since yesterday, from the party. So, I had enough time to reflect on my emotions. And I just realize the truth. I love Grayson Dolan because he's been by my side from the day we met. He helped me every time I needed him. He was with me through my worst moments, and vice versa. He cares about me. And I care about him.

I need to talk to him now. I gotta tell him.

On my way to the class, I walk past him and his friends. I grab his arm and drag him after me to the janitor's room.

“What? Why'd you-”

“I know, Grayson. I am sure.”

“What?” he asked confused.

“After our kiss, when I went home, I couldn't sleep. I was up, thinking about my feelings. And I know this sounds crazy. I know you may not feel the same. But, I will tell you. Because I don't wanna wonder 'What if...?'.”

“Wait, Kayla-”

“Don't cut me off. And listen to me. I love you, Grayson. I fell in love with all of you. I didn't just fall in love with the best of you like the way your laugh makes me smile, or the way your smile gives me butterflies. I fell in love with the way you make sarcastic remarks, or the way you can sometimes get angry. I fell in love with the great in you and I fell in love with the 'bad' you see in yourself. But the bad you see is the great I see, because I love every part of you. Every bit. I love you, Grayson Dolan.” at the end, I was crying, and his eyes were full of tears. I wiped off the tears from my face, glad I didn't wear make up today.

Suddenly, he wraps his arms around my shoulders, hugging me. I wrap my hands around his chest, resting my head in the crook of his neck. I start inhaling his smell, smiling from ear to ear. His hand starts rubbing my back, as I felt tears forming in my eyes again.

“Falling for you was like falling down the stairs.” he started, and I smiled. His whole body vibrated when he talked. His grip made me feel safe and warm. I never want to leave him. “I was in complete control at first, then, without warning, I was spinning, tumbling, and had no idea why or how.” he stopped again, touching my chin and lifting my head up. I look in his eyes, smiling. He was crying. And so was I. “Then, before I even knew what happened, I lay at the bottom; shocked, stunned, and so oddly aware that I still ended up exactly where I was trying to go.” his face got closer to mine, and I closed my eyes. The next thing I knew, I was kissing him slowly. Our lips moved slowly, as my head tilted a little. “I love you, Kayla Wells," he whispered, his hot breath hitting my skin. I smile, looking up at him. His eyes were glowing in happiness, and so were mine.

We stay quiet, still in the hug. I closed my eyes, enjoying every moment spent with him. Then, I woke up to reality. We were in the janitor's closet, and we had to go to our next class.

“We chose the best place to say what we feel, don't you think?” I joked, looking up at him. I adore this human being.

“Well, you dragged me in here.” he said, and I chuckled.

“I think it's time to get to our class. It's been a while.”

“Not yet. We're already late. Two more minutes won't kill anyone.”

“You're right.”

I rest my head back in the crook of his neck, and just breathe. He shivers a little, and I smile. I place a kiss on his skin, then close my eyes and calm down. I never want to leave his hug. His body makes me feel warm and safe.