twelve

I think I fell asleep around 3 or 4 am last night. I played a lot of games - mostly FIFA - with Gabe, Teddy, and Charlie. I managed to beat them at a few games. I guess having a boy best friend has its benefits, right?

Today I woke up at 9. And by that, I mean that Gabe and his friends started yelling around the house. Then, because my idiotic brother saw that I was still sleeping, he thought it would be a great idea to throw water over me. I had to use Charlie's hairdryer because my hair was all wet.

Then, I had to get ready for breakfast. We went to a coffee shop and I had a cappuccino and a few blueberry pancakes. I love New York!

"So, what are you doing later?" I asked the boys, as I took a sip of my coffee.

"We were supposed to meet a few people from college and play football," Charlie started.

"But they canceled it. So, we have nothing to do." and Teddy finished. "I might have an idea. But it's for tonight," he continued and we all looked at him. "We can find a drinking game. I haven't played one in years," he suggested.

"Yeah, last week, you drunk bitch." I never thought a British accent could make a swear sound so polite, but I was wrong.

"Guys, we can't. Kayla is only seventeen," my brother said and I rolled my eyes.

"So? That's when you started drinking," I scoffed.

"Kayla, if mom or dad find out that I gave you alcohol-"

"Who says we have to tell them? Come on, it wouldn't be the first time," as soon as I say that, I cover my mouth. Shit, I haven't told him about that party.

"What?" Gabe raised his eyebrows and he looked at me like he was my father or something.

"Hey, you are not allowed to judge me. You were my age when you started drinking. And you're only two years older than me! You are not allowed to drink either." I objected and he sighed.

"Fine. But you're telling me when and how much you drank."

"I'll save that story for later."

°°°

It's 10 pm. I had the whole day for my brother and I. We visited dad at the hospital and stayed with him until he got into surgery. I met Gabe's girlfriend, Kendall. She is nice and they look cute together. He showed me different places for coffee and food he loves in New York, and a secret pub. We did karaoke, even though we both suck at singing.

I actually decided not to play the drinking game. I realized it would be bad for me because I get drunk easily and I do really stupid stuff. Like at my first party. That was really bad and I don't want to do that again.

So, we are watching Mean Girls. Yeah, exactly, three college boys and a Junior high decided to watch Mean Girls. We are so mature, I know.

And, to make things more interesting, the boys decided to take a shot or two everytime some things appear or are mentioned in the movie. I'm not playing, so I don't know the rules. But I can't wait for the end of the movie to see how drunk they are. I mean, we've watched only half of the movie, and the boys are already a little drunk.

One hour later, the movie ends. All three of them are drunk. It's 12 am.

"I think you should go to sleep," I told them and they all rolled their eyes.

"You ain't mom," they said in sync and I chuckle.

"Y'all are drunk as fuck. Go to sleep."