nine

Quick recap of last week: Jason tried multiple times to talk to me, but, thanks to my wonderful best friends, I managed to not even look at him.

Tonight, Grayson has his first game of the season. He and all his team trained a lot for it, and I know they're ready.

Now, I'm in the Anger Issues Class, or whatever hippie name it has. It's basically one hour full of crap. The counselor is telling us how to control our anger and a lot of the same crap. My mother signed me for this waste of time, because of 'the way I treat Lucas, Andrew, and Michelle'.

And guess who's also in here. Exactly, Jason. But, at least I have Ethan, even though we don't talk a lot. Grayson told me last year the main reason why Ethan is here. Almost two years ago, right before his parents signed him to this class, he got in a huge fight at school. I heard of it, but I wasn't there. Anyway, the kid he was fighting with had to go to the hospital because Ethan broke his nose, arm, and his face was messed up. And no one except them two and Grayson knows the actual reason why. Some people think it was about his ex-girlfriend, Alessandra. But, again, they never told anyone the reason why he beat the shit out of him.

Jason's been staring at me the whole period. I shifted in my seat a few times, trying to ignore him, but it wouldn't help. I felt so uncomfortable and exposed. I had neither Grayson nor Vicky.

At four o'clock, Mr. Lockwood, the counselor, finally lets us go. I grab my stuff fastly and try to exit the class as fast as I can.

And I do it. But, it wasn't enough. As I was walking to the exit, I felt a hand on my wrist. I gulp and turn around.

"Get your hands off me," I demanded and he laughed.

"You and I have a lot to talk. Your two dogs aren't here to protect you, so it's just you and me." I gulp and look up at him.

"I have nothing to talk to you about. Let me go." I insisted and he tightened the grip.

"Are you te-"

"Yo, Ward, you know you shouldn't hit a girl, right?" I looked behind him and smiled a little. Ethan was helping me. Wow.

"Walk away, Dolan, before I mess up your pretty face. Don't you have a game to play tonight?" Jason said and Ethan walked closer.

"Jason, I'm serious. Let her go."

Suddenly, my ex-boyfriend frees me, but he strides to the twin and smashes him into the lockers. I gulp, looking at them. Jason is furious, but Ethan, on the other hand, seemed relaxed. It looks like these classes are good for him.

"Why can't you just mind your own business, Junior?" Jason - yeah, he is a Senior - pushed Ethan harder to the lockers, but he only closed his eyes for a few seconds, then looked back at him.

"Look, I don't wanna fight with you. And I don't want you to waste my time. Now, you should back the fuck off and stop talking or touching Kayla in any way, or things could get really messy. Don't forget that I have a reputation, and you don't, so just think who would have more to lose if you don't stop acting like a maniac." my jaw fell when I heard Ethan. Did he just threaten Jason for me?

"This is not over. You'll be alone at one point." he frees the twin, then strides away.

I walk to Ethan and smile. He straightens his clothes, looking at me.

"Thanks. You didn't have to do this," I said as we started walking to the exit.

"Of course I had to. You're my brother's best friend and we've known each other since first grade." he pushes me slightly and I giggle.

"Good job controlling your anger! If I were you, I would've punched him," I joked and he laughed.

"I guess these classes aren't full of bullshit."