thirty-four

Friday

"Babe, wake up."

I open my eyes slowly, looking around the room. I see Grayson smiling, holding a tray. It must be food.

"Morning, gorgeous!"

"Morning!" I smiled widely, sitting straight up on the bed.

"This is for you."

He slowly places the tray on my legs, giving me a short kiss on the cheek.

"Gray, you're amazing. This is great. Thank you."

"Yeah, I tried for once to make edible food." I chuckled.

"If I die, tell Brendon Urie I love him." I joked.

"Ugh- Rude." he said sassily and I started laughing.

"I love you too."

"Thank you. Now, I've got something to do, but I'll be right back. You enjoy your breakfast." he kisses my forehead and I smile.

"Alright."

He exits the room and I start eating. After my first two bites from the pancakes, I realize it's not that bad. And the eggs and bacon are really tasty too. He really did try to make it edible, and it's delicious.

As I take a sip from my orange juice, my phone starts ringing. I put away the tray, and bend over to grab my phone from charging. I take a look at the screen and see that Vicky's calling me.

"Hey, guurl!" I answered.

"Hiii! How are you?"

"Good, good. Great, actually. What about you?"

"I just got in Minnesota. We're visiting my grandparents. Best New Year ever." she sarcastically cheered and I chuckled. "My cousins are everywhere around the house. The only place where I have privacy is the bathroom. And it's cold as fuck here. I am freezing."

"Good luck resisting there for a few days!"

"I bet you are on the beach now."

"Nope, I'm in bed. I just woke up. And Grayson made a delicious breakfast for me."

"Awww!"

"Also, I met the Vlog Squad. And Josh fucking Peck." I hear her gasping loudly, then screaming. I start laughing, taking my phone away from my ear.

"I saw the pictures. And the vlog. Tell. Me. Everything."

Then, I tell her every single detail from that day. She listens to me carefully, gasping and screaming from now and then. If I were her, I would react the same.

We talk a lot. I mean, I have time to finish my breakfast, do my morning routine, and still lay in bed after that.

Suddenly, the door opens and I turn my head. I stop talking for a second, and see Grayson walking inside.

"Can we talk?" he whispered to me, and I nodded.

"Vicks, I'm sorry for leaving you, but I gotta go. I promise I'll text you later."

"No, don't leave me with these little assholes!" she cried, muttering.

"I'm sorry, but I really gotta go. Take care of yourself!"

"Ugh, I hate you!"

"Byee! Good luck!"

I hang up and throw my phone on the bed. I look up at my boyfriend and realize for the millionth time how gorgeous he is.