twenty-two

“So... What are you doing this winter break?” Grayson asked me and I look up at him.

“Most likely spend it in New Jersey. Why?”

“Well, Ethan and I are going for a week in Los Angeles and we both thought it would be a great idea if you came too.”

“Wait, actually?” I raised my eyebrows.

“Yeah.”

“Of course, I would love to. I just have to talk to my mom.”

“If she says no, then my mom is going to talk to your mom. Because you are definitely coming with me.”

We walk out of the subway, then climb the stairs. I check the name of the station. We're at 96 St. Right where Gabe said he'll wait for us. I look around, but I can see only tens of strangers walking or running down the streets.

“Where's Gabe?” Grayson asked me.

“I don't know. He should be here.”

I take out my phone and dial my brother's number. Two seconds later, I feel like someone is trying to steal my little backpack. I turn around scared, but it's only my idiotic brother with his friends.

“You fucking asshole!” I slap him three times and he bursts in laughter.

“You should've expected this.” he lifts his shoulders in indifference and I roll my eyes.

“Hey, guys!” I said waving my arm to his friends.

“Hello, Kayla!” Charlie answered in his beautiful British accent and- Stop. I have a boyfriend.

“Everyone, this is Grayson, my bestest friend, and also my boyfriend.” I introduced him. He started chuckling, then he wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

“And these are my two stupid roommates, Tadashi or Teddy, and Charles or Charlie. Also, this is my minion girlfriend.” Gabe introduced his friends and I laughed.

“Ok, now that everyone knows everyone, where do we go?” Kendall asked.

“To Starbucks. I need something to drink.” I answered.

“You're such a white girl!” Charlie sighed chuckling, and everyone - except Grayson, who just smiled a little - laughed.

“And what is that supposed to mean? You are white too. So shut the fuck up, tea bitch.” I said sassily and everyone exclaimed 'Oooo'.

“Make fun of my country, of course. At least we play the better football.”

Everyone stops and looks at him dead in the eyes, judging him.

“Ok, first off, your football is named soccer, okay?” Teddy started.

“Secondly, you just hit a ball with your fucking leg and chase it around a big ass stadium.” and Gabe finished.

(A/N: To all soccer lovers out there, this is not hate. I am an European too, and I love our football. Also, I don't hate the American football. Now that I've cleared that out, you can keep reading.)

“Oh, because your «football» is better than ours. You wear big outfits and helmets and you jump on each other to get the ball. Really interesting.” Charlie sarcastically said. “Also, it is called rugby, not fucking football.” he finished and we all gasped again, staring directly into his soul.

“How dare you, uncultured British idiot, insult our football, in our own country?” I asked him.

“I'm just stating the truth.”