•XXIII•

A/N: sorry for starting this with an author's note, but since not a lot of people read all the way through to the author's note in the bottom I want to say to not jump to conclusions and please read the author's note at the end all the way through for clarification. I don't want to write what it is in the beginning because that would just ruin the rest of the chapter and I don't want to keep writing "please check the A/N" over and over again.

So I hope you won't jump to conclusions and read it through, because I don't write things like that-_-

☞❤☜

"Kim Taehyung! Get back here!" the baker screamed as a young boy ran through the back alleys with three loaves of bread in his arms. His tattered clothing was stained with blood and dirt as he continued to run towards the warehouse he and his 'family' lived in. 

The baker, accompanied with his young apprentice, continued to chase after the young boy who dashed through the small passageways of the alleys he had grown up in. "You go that way and I'll go this way" the baker shouted at his apprentice, prompting the young boy to climb a small ladder and hide until the sounds of footsteps vanished. 

After about thirty minutes the sounds of hurried footsteps and voices seemed to have vanished causing the young boy to sigh in relief as he got down from the ladder and silently made his way to his hyungs, Kim Namjoon and Min Yoongi. 

As the warehouse came into view, young Kim Taehyung quickened his pace only to be pulled back by the baker's apprentice. "Where do you think you're going?" the young apprentice who seemed only three years older than him asked. 

"Let go of me! My brothers are hungry!" Taehyung spat as he struggled in the apprentice's grasp.

"I would let him go and walk back if I were you" a cold voice stated from behind as the apprentice turned to find a younger boy who seemed to be a year younger than himself.

"Who are you?" the apprentice asked, accidentally loosening his grasp on Taehyung who had used that opportunity to free himself and run towards another young man.

"Me? Who are you to know?" the young boy holding a bat asked as he glanced at Taehyung and the other young boy.

"Yoongi hyung, let him go. He seems weak anyways" the other boy said as Taehyung nodded his head. "You must be the baker's apprentice, Kim Seokjin. Am I right?"

"H-how did you know?" Jin asked, scared and confused at how a perfect stranger would know his name.

"I am Kim Namjoon and these are my brothers Kim Taehyung and Min Yoongi." Namjoon replied as he walked towards the back doors of the warehouse. He glanced back at Jin and Yoongi, motioning with his head to follow him. Yoongi, being angry at the fact that he had to take orders from Namjoon, pushed Jin inside.

"A-are you going to kill me?" Jin asked in panic as he glanced around the warehouse.

"Why would we do that?" another voice asked causing them all to turn and find a younger boy with doe-like eyes. He was sitting on a couch with two other boys who seemed a little younger than Jin.