•VII•

"Hey, don't just ignore me!" The policeman spat causing Jungkook to roll his eyes in annoyance for having interrupted him when he was acting cool in front of you. You on the other hand couldn't care less, you were more worried about the fact that someone got injured because of you.

Jungkook smirked once more towards you before turning to face the man. "No, I didn't forget you or the other trash you hired. For a former boss of Busan, I'd have thought you'd be stronger" Jungkook chuckled before reaching into his pocket and pulling out a small handgun.

"Kitten, you might want to look away" Jungkook whispered towards you as he pulled the trigger. The policeman was able to dodge the bullet and kick Jungkook in the shin, the latter fell to the ground and fired once more. This time the bullet didn't miss and hit the policeman in the heart.

You heard Jungkook groan as he tried to stand. The whole room seemed to be freeze as you watched Jungkook stagger. You had always seen him being so strong and arragont, you had never expected him to look so weak and helpless.

The doctor in you started to worry as you glanced at the wounds on Jungkook's body. The bleeding didn't stop and you were sure the nails on the bat were rusted. You worried that Jungkook might get tetanus.

"J-Jungkook... let me treat your wound" you mumbled as you stood up, only to fall back down. You didn't know what was wrong, but your whole body shaking uncontrollably.

"You're such a scaredy cat, kitten. You need to get used to being kidnapped and being on the run, it's a common occurrence for a boss's wife and lovers" Jungkook chuckled as he walked towards you and sat down.

You wanted to scoot away from him, but seeing cold beads of sweat form on his forhead made you think otherwise. He was hurting, but for some reason he was trying to hide it by acting like his usual self. Was he worried for you? Did he not want to worry or scare you?

"Sorry... But why? Why would I have to go through all this? Can't you just quit? I mean then we can live out our lives in peace and our children will be safe" you whispered getting lost in your own thoughts.

"Our children?" Jungkook chuckled at your words causing you to mentally curse yourself for saying something like that. You didn't know why you said it, but you were sure you didn't mean it. You wanted out of the marriage, the last thing you wanted to think about was giving birth to his children!

"But I can't quit... my family's been part of the Underworld since the beginning. The Mafia is in my blood... Even if I did want to quit, it won't make much of a difference. There are plenty if people that want my head and they don't care about becoming cowards to take it" Jungkook mumbled as he leaned his head on your shoulder causing you to tense.

"Damn, just when I was getting comfortable" Jungkook mumbled as he staggered back up. Just as he did the door flung open and about twenty men appeared. From the way they were aiming their guns at the two of you, you were sure they weren't on Jungkook's side.

Jungkook turned to you and offered you his hand. You didn't know what to do so you took it. Once you did he pulled you back up and grinned. For the first time in your life Jungkook seemed like a happy child who was given his favorite candy and video games. His smile was so pure that if your would have stared at it for any longer you'd have surely been trapped in his spell.

"Hyung, take Y/N back home. I want to play a little more" Jungkook chimed as a slightly shorter male with blonde hair jumped through a widow, scattering the glass in the process.

Like Jungkook, this man was also attractive and a few noticeable tattoos. His well built body was a stark contrast to his plump lips and baby face.