XIX

"You can't be him... You just can't" you mumbled, wiping away the tears that had flowed down freely from your face. You grabbed your phone on the nightstand and rushed out the door. You scanned through the contacts on your phone until you found your mother's number. 

"Why didn't you tell me?!" you shouted into your phone as you heard your mother gasp from the other end. 

"Honey... Listen... It was just-" You cut her off by shouting, "How could you?! Why didn't you tell me he was Joon?!" Tears began to from in the corners of your eyes once more as your body began to shake. Just why was everyone keeping so much secrets from you? 

"There's a lot of things you won't understand, but Joon has always been Jungkook. Unscramble Joon's name and you get Jungkook... He just didn't want you to know he was the son and heir to the mafia... Sweetie, I know it's hard to understand, but that boy did really love you then and now." Your mother stated as calmly as she could knowing too well you were about to snap.

She knew she shouldn't have kept it from you, but there were just too many things that were better left untold. If you were to know the truth it would shatter your world, which was the last thing you mother wanted to do.

"Why is everyone hiding things from me?" you asked as you slammed your back against the wall and slid down to the ground. You were tired of all this. You wished you could just run away from everything. 

"I'm sorry..." You hung up your phone call and stood up when you saw that Jungkook had approached you. He didn't look you in the eye as he stood there carrying a pillow in between his chest and arm. 

"Was it fun? Was it fun acting like that when you were Joon all along?" You spat as you glared towards him. He shuddered at your words, but did not say a word. He knew what he did was wrong, but that was the only way to keep you safe until he could finally let you go.

"Was it fun watching me crying over Joon and saying he was my first love when all this time it was you? Was it fun making fun of me like that? Was it fun? Well was it?" You hissed as you watched him continue to stare at the floor with the pillow clutched tightly between his chest and arms. 

"You know what? I don't want to see you ever again! You're just playing with me like the rest! I can't believe I loved you before!  You've changed..." You chocked back tears as you turned your back towards him and began to run.

"Y/N wait!" you heard him call before he grabbed your arm and dragged you back into his chest. Jungkook gently snaked his arms around your waist, placing his head on your shoulder before tightening his grip on you.

You felt his warm breath on your neck as he held you in place. "I'm sorry" he mumbled once more as he nuzzled in closer to you. An odd warmth was emitting from his body, making you feel comfortable. You shook your head and woke up from the trance he had put you in. The last thing you wanted was to forgive him so soon! You placed your hands on his arms trying to break free, but nothing worked. 

"I didn't want to lie to you and honestly, I thought you were another fake when my mother introduced you. It was later on that I found out you were the real Y/N... When I learned the truth I wanted to continue being the real me... I didn't want you to remember me as the weak Joon, I wanted you to remember be as the strong Jungkook... And... I wanted to act manly for you and Namjoon hyung told me girls like it when guys say things like kitten." You felt Jungkook's body shake as he let out a chuckle. 

"And... I didn't know what to do... I wanted to tell you it was me, but I was scared you would hate me and run away... If you ran away your life would be in danger... I don't want you to die like my father..." You felt something moist on your shoulder causing you to turn you head to spot tears in Jungkook's eyes.