"Why was he shopping so late?" Jen opened the wine and poured two glasses.

"He worked late. He was on his way home. So how did you get together? Was it romantic?"

"It's a long story, but he came to New York to sweep me off my feet. He struggled with his feelings because... because his father had an affair and that's why his parents got divorced."

"But that's what happened to you. You and Alex just found each other too soon."

It relieved Jen her friend knew. Even though Avery knew, she was too busy lately to talk. Avery and Tom were acting strange, but Megan was definitely on team Alex.

"I still don't understand how you let Peter go?"

Megan smiled. "Never get so angry that you become stupid. I was stupid and stubborn and thankfully Peter never gave up on me."

"You, two weren't completely estranged before you got back together."

"Why do you say that?" Megan asked.

"Well, you must have spent some time together nine months before Abbie was born. "

"That's a story that requires far more than one bottle of wine and Pete's permission." Changing the subject, she asked, "When will you be single again?"

"Hopefully sometime this fall. Do you have a nanny cam because when we were babysitting?"

"No, but what did you do in my house?"

"We just kissed."

The two friends talked until Jen had a text from Alex that he was on his way.

"Game's over," Jen said.

"Okay, I'll go, but I want you to tell Alex I'm happy for him." She hugged Jen and whispered, "For both of you."

Jen was antsy, pacing the floor waiting for Alex. She knew she could trust Megan, her oldest friend, but she hoped that Alex wouldn't freak out. She remembered his tendency to retreat. She hoped he was beyond that now.

She met him at the door "I'm sorry... It's all my fault, but Megan knows."

He looked at her and said, "What happened?"

"She showed up with a bottle of wine and said, 'I know you're in there'. So I had to let her in. She told me to tell you she's happy for you. Did Peter say anything to you?"

"When I was going, he gave me a man-hug and slapped me on the back."

"He must have known when Megan didn't come back she found me. I'm glad they know. I'm tired of pretending with everyone."

"They know about secrets." Alex agreed.

"You're not angry?" she asked nervously.

"No, someone was bound to find out and if I had to choose, it would be them."

"I have other news. I was on the phone with Sterling when she knocked. We have a magazine asking for more photographs. We may get published!"

"You may. You and Sterling may be Dixon Designs, but the designs are all yours."

She smiled, because a few minutes ago, she was worried he would retreat, but instead he was bolstering her up. She desperately wanted to tell him how much she loved him, but was afraid. She knew he cared for her. She could tell he was serious. They were designing his house together.

The weekend went by much too quickly and after being with Alex for over a week it was difficult to say goodbye. Back in her apartment she unpacked, prepared for the next day, got ready for bed, and called Alex. They talked until she couldn't stay awake.