42 - Alex/ Jen/ Alex

Começar do início

Jen

Jen worked at the Higgins' house on Sunday while Alex went home to stop Kate from pestering him about never being around. She had to remind herself that it was the same house she'd been staying in since June. Her vision had come alive thanks to Alex and his crew transforming the entire house.

Alex returned with leftovers and stories of Kate's meddling. Tom had been avoiding Kate, so much of her complaining was about him.

"She's going back to work. Maybe she'll be too busy to annoy her brothers."

"She'll have plenty to talk about after my divorce." Jen hoped Alex's sister would be happy for them.

By the time Alex came to help her on Tuesday, she was nearly finished. The Holts were closing on Wednesday morning and Alex was buying the house on The Point on Wednesday afternoon. When the Holts arrived, Jen was nervous, but they quickly expressed their love for their new home. "We don't know how to thank you... and Alex for allowing all the work when he still owned the house."

"I'm sure that he's happy you like it."

Leaving the house, she called Sterling to let him know that they were more than pleased. "I'll send Lexi the pictures this afternoon."

Later Sterling called, "Jennifer, you are a genius. Those pictures are gorgeous."

At least he appreciated her work. She waited for Alex to come home. The kitchen counter was in, so they could use the kitchen. Jen wanted to shop so she could cook for Alex.

 Jen wanted to shop so she could cook for Alex

Alex

When Alex returned the proud owner of a home on The Point, Jen was waiting for him. They both had a great day, and they celebrated in each other's arms. He bit his tongue because his love for her was overflowing. They took the night off from work, and Jen insisted he should watch the game. She sat and asked him questions. He was happy to explain the rules and strategy to her.

At eight-thirty, she said, "I want to go out to get groceries."

"Are you sure you should?"

"Who do I know that would shop this late?"

"If you're sure."

He wasn't entirely certain it was a good idea. He continued to watch the game while she was gone. The minute she returned, he knew something was wrong.

"Don't be angry."

"Angry? Never. What happened?"

"Peter! I hid from him, but I'm sure he saw me." She paced.

"Peter... are you sure?"

"Definitely. I know Peter," she said nervously.

"Peter may not even realize what he saw. I wouldn't worry. Peter and Megan would never do anything to hurt either of us. Come here. I'll take your mind off of it."

"Come help with the groceries instead."

He jumped up and grabbed her and held her. He whispered, "Being with you doesn't feel wrong. It only feels right."

"Oh, Alex when you say things like that..."

"What?" He hoped she would dare to say what he was thinking.

"I know you're the most wonderful man in the entire world." She smiled.

He felt the warmth spread throughout his body as he helped with the groceries. He knew she loved him too.

He left her in bed when he left the next morning. His project list was two basements, a deck, and his house. He had some guys on vacation so everyone was busy even with no work on his house for two days. He would be ready to start the Point house next week. He could definitely take on one more project. He didn't want to invest in another house if he could avoid it.

When he walked into The Landing, Rick called, "Alex, come talk to me."

His stomach flipped, and he thought, does he know? How can he know so fast?

He approached him tentatively. "What's up?"

"I got a number for you to call. Seems there's a cottage in need of updating."

Alex relaxed. "Thanks."

"What's wrong with you? You work too hard."

"I just have a lot on my mind. How about some lunch though?"

He hated going behind Rick's back - Alice's too, but he and Rick had developed a bond. He really hoped they could bring their relationship out in the open soon.

Going home to Jen and her cooking was like paradise. He had no visions of a wife who stayed home all day and cooked for him, but a future with more days like this would be incredible. He found himself more eager for his future to begin.

He reluctantly kissed Jen before leaving her on Friday night. She insisted he keep up with his friends and the monthly poker game.

"Let me know if Peter says anything to you?"

When he arrived nothing seemed odd. Everyone was excited to hear he now owned a house on The Point.

John said, "I thought you were over at Higgins."

"I sold that. I'm temporarily in town... down the street from you."

"You're the one fixing up that eyesore!"

"I've only been living there a week. It's still rough... no floors, but I'm staying there until I move down here for good."

"Last move. I lost track of how many places you've lived," Peter said.

Alex watched as Megan came through and talked to Peter and left. Everyone looked at Peter. "She's going to see a friend."