Stolen Roses {Chapter 12}

{Sebastian POV}

'I do have to say with the mutt around things have gone more smoothly, it is sorrowful to say but I seem to slightly miss the trio's antics.' Sebastian thought woefully. He was not a fan of the ways things were going. 

His young master was warming up to another demon, thankfully said demon had no interest in the Earl's soul, but he was interested in keeping _F/N_ happy and could try and prevent him from feasting on Ciel's soul once the time comes.

'_F/N_ that is another problem in its self. Her essence has consumed me from the moment she entered the estate. And to find she is already "connected" to someone will prove more difficult in the future should I wish to take things further.'  

Heading towards his master's office he could already hear the conversation between _F/N_, Ciel, and the mutt as the later was being taught how to play chess. 'The young master should be out in the gardens playing fetch instead. The mutt would be more useful in that way.'

Knocking gently on the door Sebastian announced his presence to the three inside. 

"My lord, your evening tea is ready." 

"Yes, put it on my desk, we should be done here shortly," Ciel replied with a confident smirk, earning a glare from his chess component. 

Sesshomaru had decided to move a square up, right into a trap the young master had set. 'If he were any bit skilled in matters of the civilized he would have seen the trap from miles away, yet he still chose to move his piece to that spot. Dumb dog.'

"Checkmate." 

It was as the young master rose from his seat did Sebastian see a hint of green by his seat. 'So that was the disgusting smell. The ugly thing is shorter than the chess table, I had not even realized he was in the room.' Sebastian scoffed in his mind. 

As if hearing the larger demon's thoughts Jaken quickly excused himself from the room. 'At least it's learning manners.' 

Turning his scarlet gaze towards the other two time travelers in the room he noted the weakness the demon was already starting to form for Ciel. 'He may be even more of a problem in the future than expected.' 

After serving the young master his tea, he prepared a cup for _F/N_ and the mutt as well.  

"So master Ciel, I have been meaning to ask you if it would be possible for me and Sesshomaru to take a small absence?" _F/N_ asked shyly towards the brat. 

"Whatever for?" Ciel stated without meeting her gaze. 

"We wished to travel to Japan and see if any of our acquaintances are still around and kicking, Sesshomaru has mentioned the possibility of some still being there deep in hiding, since well they were deep in hiding during our time as well the chances are likely they have not been found. We would only need a month maybe a month in a half depending on how long the journey is." 

"An entire month? Are you absurd? The mansion would be in ruins by the time you two chose to return, must I remind you of your debt?" Ciel was using a tone the _F/N_ had never heard from him. Desperation. 

'He's afraid of losing them. Or at least her...how pitiful.' Sebastian remarked looking between his young master and the girl. 

"I'm sure Sebastian can handle it like he had before I arrived."

"And how do you plan to pay for this travel?"

"We planned to fly, stop when needed to fish and rest. Much like we did in our time. My only concern about the trip is how hard it may be to avoid large villages and cities while not getting lost. But Sesshomaru has said some of the places he has seen on maps have been familiar so on a straight shot he thinks it may take a 3 or 4 day travel there given that we do not deter off course and he is correct in his memory."