Stolen Roses {Chapter 5}

~Back in the Feudal Era~

"Sir I have looked everywhere." A tall silver haired demon said, he looked as if he had not slept in years. The worry showing in his worn body.  His eyes appeared red and irritated as if he had been crying before coming in. 

General Haru had been looking for _Name_ for almost a full moon cycle. At first, he had believed she had ventured off to the Miko's to see young Rin. But upon arriving he was told she had not been there in over a "month" as the Miko had put it. The young woman was not lying for _Name's_ scent had long become stale, almost gone.  Even at the well, the scent could not be found. 

"It does not appear she has gone to the well. Her scent was nowhere to be found. I have searched a few of her known comrades. Koga of the wolf tribe had said he had caught her scent a few days ago but it was stale and fading.  It is possible she may still be alive my lord...."

"Kh...serves her right the little wench! I told you, milord! She does not listen! And now she has gotten herself killed! I knew she had no ri.....!!" Jaken had screeched out before a scroll had hit the imp.  

"Haru." 

"Yes my lord" Haru replied looking up from Jaken.

"Conduct a larger search. Check all of the islands if you must. This Sesshomaru will conduct his own search for the girl. Make it know if anything knows of her whereabouts and does not tell this Sesshomaru they will be killed...painfully. And their family will be an enemy of the West. Go now." Sesshomaru had said. 

He would never admit, but he had feared she would be harmed during the heat. He knew he should have sent her to the village to stay until it was over. Now she may have been killed and it was all his fault. She trusted him to protect her and he had failed. 

Sesshomaru's thoughts were interrupted by a knock at the shōji. "Sesshomaru" A demoness with flowing black hair had said.  Her eyes the color of stones. Her skin as fair as snow. 

"What is it, Naomi?" Sesshomaru replied full of irritation. He hated the woman. Hated her enough he refused to mate with her and faced the heat alone.  She may be called his mate, but she is anything but. The woman is weak, entitled. Even a human such as _Name_ could hold their own against her. It would be no surprise if _Name's_ disappearance has something to do with Naomi. If so he would kill her. 

~England, 1888~

You were outside enjoying the beautiful day.  Even though it was summer the day still seemed relatively cool. A nice breeze seemed to peacefully flow. You had decided to take your lunch outside. After a long debate about eating by the well, you had decided to sit in the gardens. While you nibbled on your measly lunch, you have not had much of an appetite lately and the cook Baldroy was not helping. You had seen him try and cook with a blowtorch. Knowing that was a recipe for disaster you had decided it best to hide most of his "cooking utensils". 

"Meow"..... 'Was..was that a cat?' you look over towards the bushes where the noise had come from. 'I definitely saw something move' crawling over you pushed some of the branches aside. 

"OH, MY GOD!!! KITTENS!!!!" It had been years since you had seen a cat...that was not a person or demon. Grabbing two of the kittens you laid on your back nuzzling the little balls of fur. This was the happiest you had been here. Right now in this moment. Well until "Miss _Name_ are you alright?" the butler you had known as Sebastian said.  You raised up a tiny bit to look over the bushes and had seen Sebastian with a look of fake concern. He appeared to be setting one of the tables. 

"Oh yeah, sorry! I had just found this cat and she had kittens. I couldn't control myself. I apologize. " You had said, embarrassed that anyone let along the butler found you like this. 

"Kittens you say?" Did he just sound excited? Before you could even finish your thought the butler was over the hedges and making his way over to you. He immediately grabbed the kitties and you had feared he would hurt them before he was on the ground like you were loving up on them. He actually looks ... happy? Real happiness.  "Oh, such perfect creatures. Look at the little paws! So exquisite." 

'He took my furballs. You had just realized that you were no longer holding any kittens, missing their warmth you had grabbed another from the tired mother cat. She seemed to be glad to have them occupied falling asleep almost immediately. You looked up to see the butler looking at the new kitten. "Oh no, this one is mine!" 

Sebastian looked away faking a little blush. 'And we're back to the fakeness. Man, he is faker than Barbie!'

~Fedual Era~

My lord. We have picked up her scent near a well. We believe she may have gone in. General Haru has stayed to watch over in case she appears."