Stolen Roses {Chapter 20}

It had taken almost 38 days to reach Tokyo, thankfully Ciel had paid for two different ships that routes cut through rivers beside Africa & Asia versus having to go all the way around. It required going on a train for a short period of time to get to the next ship but it likely cut weeks off the journey. 

 During that time Sesshomaru nor Jaken had left the cabins, Jaken had you the most worried since he had refused to eat during most of the journey. You thought he was just ill from the boat but the 1000 yard stares he had told a different story. Many larger ships had passed at a distance and you had passed by large cities during the overall journey.  Sesshomaru would ask questions about the progress humans had taken during this time but you honestly couldn't answer not knowing the subject well for each and every country they passed. 

But hopefully, once we get away from civilization the two demons will start to relax. 

Getting off the second ship was a breeze, it had docked later at night having arrived hours early and the captain had allowed people to stay the night on the ship and venture off in the morning so there thankfully weren't many people to move around. Ciel had wanted to rest at least until morning but finally accepted Sebastian carrying him. Getting a ride was a different story though, most had retired for the night. So everyone took to walking. 

Tokyo was almost as built up as London it seemed. You could hear the nightlife of men stumbling out of bars or the police officers patrolling on foot. 

Overall the landscape was entirely different than the small village of Edo that Sesshomaru was used to but you figured hearing their own native tongue in the background and smelling local flowers or food would put him at some ease. It only seemed to upset him more. 

"So where to now?" Sebastian had said without sparing a glance at any of the fellow travelers. 

"I'm guessing Sesshomaru's palace? Probably the best place to start off at." you said while glancing over at Sesshomaru, you asked him if that would be a good place to go first and he agreed. "Are you two insane, it's only 1 am. We should find an inn and start at an acceptable hour!!" a disgruntled Ciel yelled from his place in Sebastian's arms. 

"Young master with having two very none human looking demons with us it would be best if we get somewhere secluded as fast as possible. I'm honestly surprised we have gotten this far without someone seeing them. Just try to sleep as much as you can, we should be close to a forest within an hour or two if we walk a fast enough pace, and once we get somewhere safe enough we can rest alright?" "Enough of this we will fly." Sesshomaru had finally spoken before grabbing you towards him. "This Sesshomaru will move slow enough for the butler to keep up." he stated before suddenly taking off, Jaken almost didn't even make it on before they were suddenly as high as the rooftops. 

But even as they sped at a high rate of speed through the city it still took almost 30 minutes to reach a deep enough forest to rest in. Which so happened to be right behind the Higurashi family shrine. The home had not been built yet but the shrine was there. You knew Sesshomaru could feel your tears, he had glanced down at you but didn't say anything. 

 After settling down you had set up what little of a camp you could for you and Ciel. Wishing you would have just gone with your gut and bought the needed supplies before leaving London. With the fire going the cool night started to warm up but the ground still held a chill so you opted to lay yourself and Ciel halfway on Sesshomaru's mokomoko. He didn't seem to mind much but you could feel the glare from the other demon and it took almost everything in Jaken to keep his croaks to himself. It seemed to be back in nature sounded by familiar trees and sounds both of time traveling demons seemed to relax slightly.  

"Does this spot look familiar?" you asked not directly to anyone and when no one answered you continued.

"This is the spot you guys would always choose to wait at when I went down the well." you looked around and noticed from the years even though it probably hadn't been camped at in so long of camping here it had taken on a natural groove. There was even still the indent in the Earth from where you would have the fire or where AuUn would sleep. 

Sesshomaru looked around more closely. It was odd how even though so many years had passed this spot here almost looked entirely the same, maybe with a few more trees or bushes that hadn't been there but almost entirely untouched. So many emotions had crossed his face as he looked even though his overall expression had stayed the same until he had looked down at Ciel. 'Maybe for a split moment, he was expecting Rin to be there.'

"Rest." he finally said before looking forward. 

(A/N: I am going to try to keep this updated. Sorry for the long wait!)