Stolen Roses {Chapter 11}

The most oddest of things had happened. It has been three weeks since Sesshomaru had come to your brave rescue and left the three of you stranded.  And everything this last week had been calm.

Not just calm, but running smoothly, efficiently, everything could even be called perfection. Mey-Rin had not broken anything including herself, not a plate or bottle one, Bald had not blown up the kitchen and even some of the things he made were EDIBLE and dare you say good,  and the gardens were magnificent! Not a single weed or pebble out of place. 

You were beside yourself. None of this made sense and the only half-way logical solution was that Sebastian was working overtime.

You couldn't complain though, it made your job so much easier.

Well until you found out the true cause. Walking out to the gardens bored out of your mind with nothing to do since you had completed your daily chores hours ago, you saw it or rather him no less than 2 feet away from Finny, Sesshomaru was practically breathing down his neck as he towered above him. No words were exchanged between the two but you could see the stress the poor boy was under. Sesshomaru was demanding excellence just by standing there, and despite the language barrier, he would make sure they would listen. 

"I have to say for a mangy mutt, he is quite efficient." you heard Sebastian's velvety accented voice ring out beside you. "I do not see why you two cannot get along? Is it because he beat you to a pulp? Or is because he can run a team better than you without saying a single word?" you decided to chide to the butler. Sebastian and Sesshomaru's relationship had not changed at all despite almost being here for a month. They couldn't stand to be in the same room together and tried to limit it whenever possible. 

The young master had taken an odd liking to Sesshomaru. He had even taught him to play chess. Granted it required you or Sebastian to translate between them. It was this that made you positive that Sesshomaru had a weakness for children, even if he wouldn't admit it. Sesshomaru was never much of a talker but with you, he would hold small conversations. And after every game, he would compare Ciel to Rin. It seemed to baffle him that such a small child could be so cold on the surface, and had often questioned you on what caused the young master to be this way. After awhile Sesshomaru had perfected his skill on the game treating it like a war strategy, but he continued to let the boy win as if he had just never caught on to the game. 

"He had their fear. I have both their fear and utter respect."

"Yeah, that's why all the work was left up to us." you said looking over at him, you saw that he was already watching you. 

"The work was still completed in a timely manner and of utmost perfection."

"Mmhm" 

"Do you dislike me?" Sebastian had said changing the conversation.

"Let's see you have non-stop picked on my friend despite him going out of his way to avoid you 'granted that was by my request, well begging'  you make it even harder on him to try and adjust to a new time, country, and language instead of being the bigger man and helping him. So you can definitely say I am unhappy with you." You said sharply

"Our species were never made to get along."

"Well can you both at least try for a little while? "

" Hmmm, I guess I can give it the good old fashion try. " 

"Oh, and while we are discussing our guest the young master and I both find it best that our guest starts sleeping in his own room. It is quite scandalous for a male and female who are not married to be sleeping together." Sebastian had said his voice deepened. You were sure his eyes had become a deeper red before walking away.

Your face became as red as a tomato and all you could do was squeak rather loudly "WE'RE NOT SLEEPING TOGETHER" gaining the attention of all who were in the garden. Thankfully Sesshomaru's English lessons have not been going all that well for he just simply stared at you and Sebastian's retreating form. 

'I swear he will be the death of me.'