halloween (marriage au)

Depuis le début

"Covey! Why can't you come with us?" Peter asks me while making pigtails on Sophia's hair.

"I have to set up the Halloween snacks with Kitty, but I'll catch up!" I call out as I take out the red velvet cupcakes.

Peter groans when he puts on his fuzzy light blue onesie. This year, as a cute family costume idea, we decided to dress up as characters from Monster INC. Peter dresses up as Sulley while I am Mike with a huge eyeball at my small protruding belly bump.

"Mommy!" Sophia runs into the kitchen with her pink dress and purple leggings. I almost cry when I see how much she resembles Boo with her pigtails and her cute outfit. "Love you."

I smile and kiss her nose before Peter walks in slowly like his feet weighs a ton of weight. "This onesie would have been perfect, if there just wasn't fur."

"Daddy looks funny!"

"What'd you say Baby Kavinsky?" Peter swoops Sophie to his arms and tickling her sides. "Come with us, Covey!"

I frown before joining the two of them and wrapping my arm around Peter. "I want to, but Kitty's still not here."

"Okay, but you better join before we come back." Peter pouts which Sophia copies.

I peck his lips and kiss Sophie on her chubby cheeks before sending them out to go trick or treating.

          "What are you doing here?" Kitty asks before grabbing the bowl of cookie dough out of my hold. "You're supposed to be trick or treating with your family."

"I'm not finished making the cupcakes and no one was home to pass out candy!" I shrug and point at the table full of ingredients that I have yet to clean.

Kitty proceeds to push me towards the front door. "You need to go now, Lara Jean. I will clean up and answer the door to little minions who want their treats."

"Are you sure?" I question one last time before she nods. I slip on my green reptile slippers to complete my Mike costume and head outside to see kids roaming around with my parents.

I glance over to my right to find Peter holding onto a crying Sophia. I walk over to them and almost laugh at how Peter looks teary eyed as well. "She hates me."

"She doesn't hate you, she adores you." I roll my eyes at him and take Sophia out of his arms. "What happened?"

"Neighbors tricked her instead of giving her a treat." Peter wipes the remainder of tears from Sophia's cheeks with his fingers. "Sorry for bringing you there, Sophie."

Sophia wraps her arms around my neck and leans her head against my chest. "Wow, that really must have taken all her Halloween spirit away."

Peter nods and suggests, "Maybe we can walk around a few minutes until she forgets about the whole thing."

"I doubt it..." I say as we walk around the street.

"I just realized, we've never done this." Peter slows his pace to walk next to me. "We never went trick or treating together."

I laugh and furrow my eyebrows. "When we were dating, that's the age we don't even go door to door. There are two types of teens during Halloween, they either drink or pass out candy for the kids in their neighborhood."

"Good point." He nods.

After a few more steps and no budge from Sophia, we decided to just go home. Kitty will definitely end her night happily.

          "Sophie!"

"Kitkat!" Sophia wobbles to her arms.

Kitty hugs her tight. "My cute little Boo."

"You're so cute, I'm gonna kidnap you tonight and take you to grandpa!" Sophia giggles and peppers kisses on my sisters face. "But next time cause we're having a sleepover!"

Just as Kitty promised, she cleaned the kitchen and got the living room ready for the Halloween sleepover. It's filled with blankets and pillows on the floor.

Sophia and I change quick with our matching orange jammies.

          I almost tell my husband to get dressed until, "Peter Kavinsky..." I narrow my eyes at Peter while he continues to pick out the chocolate bars from Sophia's sparkly pumpkin bucket.

He opens a mini KitKat and plops it in his mouth. "Lara Jean, she's never going to eat this anyway... I'm only doing this cause I know Kitty's going to finish these and I know you wouldn't call her out."

"Hey, that's not true!"

"Is it not?" Peter purses his lips and waits for me to answer, "Sophia... do you want some chocolate?"

Sophia's head perks up towards our direction before slowly walking to Peter. "Chocolate?"

"Just one, Peter." I warn him before he flashes me a smirk indicating he's the one who won.

"Do you want some chocolate, Lara Jean?"

I shake my head and touch my belly. It's really tempting, but I already ate too much cupcakes and cookies earlier... My baby living in my belly and I will be the only ones to know. "Nope!"

Peter looks at me trying to figure me out, but I know he can't. The giggle that escapes my lips finally says that I'm guilty.

"You ate while we were gone didn't you?"

I compose myself straight and shrug. "No..."

"You're lucky I love you and you're the mother to my children." Peter pulls me to him and wraps his arms around my waist.

"Maybe I'm just lucky that you fell in love with me first."

He chuckles and kisses my forehead. "Excuse me, I think y—"

"Can you two stop so we can get this movie started?" Kitty yells from the living room.

"We'll talk about that later when the kids are asleep." I snicker. I hope Kitty did not hear that.

I thought too soon when I see Kitty piggybacking Sophia. "I'm not a kid anymore, I am just Kitty and now let's go before you guys get angry at me for letting Sophie sleep late."

"Maybe we guys could start this sleepover with the Halloween routine dance..." Peter starts to suggest while trying to imitate our old choreography. I laugh and smile at my family. 

This is gonna be a long night.

/ an: i'm running hawaii time, jk... it's now officially CHRISTMAS TIME!!! i'm so happy!

P.S. posting the second part soon! & i've been pilling up covinsky marriage au's from your comments so it will come!!!

lots of love!! see you soon! ✨ /