Finally, he said, "I have to get to my other jobs. I'll make sure we get your three items taken care of, but the house is all yours."

"Alex. It's amazing and regardless of how we started out. Working with you was the best experience I've ever had."

"I know, Jenny. I know." He turned and left.

She stood in the middle of the beautiful house alone. She thought, he called me Jenny, and I liked it. She hated when Sterling called her Jennifer now.

She finally snapped out of her daze and went to work. She took photographs with her professional camera and then she unpacked and inventoried the contents of the boxes. By the time she finished, she was hungry for lunch. Perhaps it was the Maine air, but she was never hungry.

Back at The Landing, her father had help behind the counter. They introduced her to Emily, who was home from college. Because it was overcast and not crowded, he suggested they go eat their lunch upstairs.

She sat down with her parents and took a deep breath. She blurted out, "Mom and Dad, you probably will be glad, but I want to tell you. I'm divorcing Sterling."

"Honey, are you alright."

"Mostly, but it's the right decision. We'll still be business partners, just not life partners." She liked the sound of that explanation.

"Won't that be hard?" her mother asked.

"I hope not. We're dealing with it. I'm not working at the office for now. I'll see how I feel after the divorce is final."

"Did he hurt you?" Rick asked.

"No, daddy." She lied. "We just wanted different things."

"Like what?" Alice asked.

"I want a baby and it's no secret, he didn't like me coming home. Sometimes we find there is only so much we can give up when we should be compromising."

As if he knew he was being spoken of he called. "Hi Sterling." She listened as he told her the van with the items she had stored in New York, left late. "So I should expect it between three and five. Okay, thanks. Bye."

She turned to her parents. "We work fine together." She spent a while convincing her parents she was fine, although secretly she suspected they were high fiving the minute she walked out the door.

She changed into shorts, a tee shirt, and sneakers and walked back to the house. She had the time and everything she needed was out of the car.

She uploaded the pictures she had taken and sent them to Lexi. Lexi called. "It's incredible... the color, the build, the view. Sydney will be thrilled."

"Wait until I fill it."

"I can't wait. You were right to take this job."

"He did a lot of complaining didn't he?"

"Lately he likes to complain about you a lot. He's at lunch."

"I suppose I have to work up the courage to get back to the office. I told him after the divorce. Maybe I'll come in on days that Trevor's at clients. Can you help with that?"

"Absolutely! I miss you."

"I owe you an apology. I suspected he was cheating, but I thought it was with you."

"No apology necessary, because I knew and didn't tell you. I'm sorry you found out the way you did, but I was close to telling you myself."

"It wasn't fair to you. I'm glad we've cleared the air."

Jen had spoken to Lexi multiple times a day, but they had avoided discussing anything personal. Maine was cathartic for her.

She texted Megan to let her know she was back on The Point. She responded, home at 4 come over.