22. At Night

A/n: I was feeling a little defeated lately about if I wanted to continue this story. It's nearly at the end but I've felt as though it isn't as good as what I wanted it to be. Maybe because I'm a perfectionist I'm too hard on myself but I keep telling myself that it's my first fan fiction ever and that it's allowed to be messy. Anyway, I will finish it because ya girl is not a quitter but once I've finished the story I'll go back and edit it so that it's better <3

I also have a second, shorter, story that I'm writing! I'm really excited about it! It's a Yoongi ff about a girl who relives each day to see him. I hope you guys like that too!

3k reads!!! OMG!

I appreciate you guys reading, voting and commenting so much so thank you!
Hope you like the rest of the story!

~ At Night ~

Your eyes flickered open. It was still dark.

The small room was lit up only by the yellow light glowing from under the bathroom door.

You heard water from the bathroom pouring onto a hard tile surface and splashing with impact.

You rubbed your eyes and sat up from Taehyungs bed. You had been neatly tucked into the duvet and the mug was no longer on the side table.

The memory of him wrapping a jacket around you on the rooftop crept into your mind and warmed you. The sound of his deep voice telling you to 'go inside or you'll catch a cold' was muffled in your mind, drowned out by the noise of the showering rain you were both in at the time. The weather had consumed you both but in that moment you felt silence. You felt the peace of knowing he was back.

The memory of the heavy rain was numb in your ears.

The familiar sound of water splashing down brought you to your senses.

~ Is he awake? Is he SHOWERING? ~

Your face burned with a red ember as the thought of Taehyung showering in the room opposite you floated across your mind, creating a vivid image of something you didn't want to be distracted by.

You needed to splash your face with cold water quickly, but that wasn't an option as you didn't dare open the door to the bathroom.

You sat up promptly.

The chair he had fallen asleep in was on the floor as if it had fallen over, probably with him on it.

The image of him falling off the chair asleep still wasn't funny enough to take away from the fact that your mind was going crazy about the faint glowing yellow light under the bathroom door.

Your body heated up and you felt a deep pressure in your forehead. The pressure shifted down the bridge of your nose and under your eyes. With a tense body, you flinched and sneezed loudly- twice.

You heard the shower tap squeak and the splashing water stop...

Your body froze for a moment, unsure of what to do at that exact moment.

Do you pretend to be asleep again? Or confront him.

There wasn't enough time to think before the bathroom door shifted open and the room was being flooded with a mist of bright yellow light.