Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On

It was the morning after your gig in St. Helens. The weather was cold, wet, and windy, but Freddie was a bright spot on such a dreary day. He still hadn't entirely come down from the night before, there was too much energy about him. It seemed as though any second he'd burst into song, and sometimes he did. There was something about the way his voice resinated with the frigid air that made the world seem so much clearer. He made the drab days truly beautiful.

At the moment you were off to the train station. You'd traveled to Liverpool from St. Helens and stopped along the way to collect a few things from Geoff's place on Penny Lane—stuff for the the Kensington Market stall and whatnot. Ken had been caught up with school work at the local college and couldn't exactly act as Freddie's and the band's go-to chauffeur. Besides, much of Ibex had decided to stay up north and so it was only Freddie and you returning to Kensington.

Freddie strutted down the street in his grandiose fur coat, it seemed a bit bigger on him in the cold—the sort of way a cat's fur looks when it's frightened. Every step he took in those boots of his was one taken with more confidence than one might believe any human could muster. This was Freddie, he wasn't about to let anyone stand in the way of where he was going. Of course, he was also very reserved about his gait as well. Yes every step was prideful, but you never got the sense he was taking anything away from the world. He simply seemed to glide smoothly through it, even with a touch of flare.

You arrived at the Lime Street Station at just about eleven. The London train wouldn't be leaving until noon, so you had awhile to relax. The wind was absolutely frightful but just over its whine you and Freddie heard the faint sounds of guitar strings. This peaked Freddie's interest and he went to search out the source of the sound. It was a crowded morning at the train station, everyone going this way and that. Finding the mysterious guitar player was proving nearly impossible, but Freddie was good at the impossible.

As fate would have it, it was Al, Phil, and Ralph. All three of them were huddled up in the cold playing a bit of music for money. Al was singing, Phil was playing the guitar, and Ralph was sort of just taking it all in. You still had a sort of animosity towards Ralph, after what he said about Freddie at The Sink behind his back. He seemed a little less put off by Freddie now, maybe even a little more optimistic about Freddie's path in life, but still you were rather bothered by him.

Freddie was absolutely delighted to be among friends, he considered practically everyone he'd ever met to be his friend.

"Hiya!" you greeted them pleasantly and they smiled, brightening up from the blue sort of hue the cold gave them.

Freddie was very quick to slide in his introduction, he clasped Al's hand and shook it politely. Then he patted him on the shoulder, "Great to see you guys again!" he started off all excited, "Do you remember me? We met before the Sink Club in a pup. I was with Tupp and the rest of the band".

Possibly it was a sign of Freddie's modesty that he always seemed to feel like once someone's met him, he could even be forgotten. As anyone who knows him is aware, it's impossible to forget someone like him.

"Yes of course Freddie!" said Al, standing up and brushing off a bit of the invisible debris that the wind had thrust upon him over time, "How could I ever possibly forget?"

Freddie smiled, feeling pleased. It was times like these were his confidence really blossomed, "Guys, you look absolutely freezing. Come on, let's grab a drink. Y/n and I have got an hour before the London train and we'd love to have you along".

You smiled, funny how Freddie has a way of turning every interaction with friends into a get together. You never minded, it was always very sweet of him. He seemed to rather enjoy it as well.