Break

You sat at the doorframe. You pressed your lips together and breathed in a breath of air to try to keep yourself from choking up inside. You had to be strong. This had to be done. You didn't want to do it, but you had to.

Freddie was sitting in the bedroom lightly strumming at a guitar Chris owned. He wasn't exactly playing anything, but you knew he wanted to. Everything in the room but Freddie suddenly looked bleak. It's almost like you suddenly began to realize more that this wasn't even your home—your time. The walls were covered in a fading, stained floral wall paper, and the curtain too was a stained off-white that had a few tears here and there in the lacework. The bed was just a boxspring with a slowly deteriorating gold frame and in some odd way, the whole room just seemed...dated, even for its era. But it wasn't your era, and now you really felt it. Freddie was the only thing that felt timeless, endless, and here you were trying to end your only connection with eternity.

You didn't know what would happen for you next, but you knew Freddie had to move forward. You were not a part of his life. And so you entered the room.

"Hey Freddie," you began slowly as you sat down on the bed. Freddie could tell by your sullen look something was off.

"Darling what's wrong?" asked Freddie as he continued to strum ever so softly on the slightly out of tune guitar.

"We need to talk," you stated, you couldn't even look at him.

A single off key chord hung in the air. It was like both you and him stopped breathing right then and there. There was a long pause. Freddie set the guitar down and moved over next to you.

Freddie drew in a breath, "About what, dear?"

Your head sunk further down and you turned away. Tears weren't yet in your eyes but you knew they soon would be, especially if you looked at Freddie.

You closed your eyes.

"Us," you breathed, again pressing your lips together, subsiding tears.

You opened your eyes.

"Freddie, you've got a life to live," you began, "A life that doesn't include me".

"Y/n—," Freddie tried to interject before you continued. You could feel the emotion in his voice.

"Freddie. I'm not from this time. This is your time, your life. I was never supposed to be a part of it," you said as the tears could not be held back any longer. Freddie place his hand on your shoulder and you turned around. You couldn't look into his eyes. "Freddie, we can't be together anymore".

He breathed in and closed his eyes for a moment.

"Wh..what do you mean?" he said, not wanting to let the words escape.

You were quick to answer, you had to get this out. It had been torturing you for too long.

"This next year at Ealing is where your life begins falling into place Freddie. You're going to meet a girl, you're going to make new friends, begin your life, and I can't be there to interfere," you stated, there was no other way of saying it.

Freddie just shook his head and wouldn't accept it. You could see tears in his own eyes.

"No. No! Listen, I don't need that, I don't need them!" he stood up and ran his hands through his hair before kneeling down next to you, "I just need you dear. Just you".

"No Freddie," you had to say firmly, your eyes trying their best to focus on anything but him.

"Y/n," Freddie started.

"No Freddie," you stood up, "I'm not from here and you have a life to live. I have to go".

You got up and began to grab your things. It wouldn't be too hard to put your things together.

"Y/n! You can't do this!" Freddie cried, "You can't do this to me! You can't do this to yourself! What are you going to do, huh?! Where do you even have to go?! Please!" he came over to you and tried to wrap himself around you and just hold your close, his head resting upon your collarbone, "Darling, please".

You turned away.

"Freddie," you now had all your belongings in your arms and were headed for the bedroom door, "Please don't worry about me, okay? Just take care of yourself".

You began to walk through the front room and towards the door, Freddie crying your name as he ran to you. You opened the door and turned to Freddie who was in tears behind you.

"Goodbye Freddie," you said as you gave him a light kiss on the forehead and held your hand there for a brief moment—you looked into his eyes one last time as your thumb lightly caressed his soft cheeks.

You turned around and walked out the door. You couldn't bring yourself to turn around and look at the love you were losing.

All you could do now was stroll the rainy London streets. Today of all days it had to be raining. You were the only one out on the streets tonight, even the homeless seemed to find shelter tonight. It was just you, and you alone.

You didn't know where you were going to go. You didn't have much in the way of money. Any money you'd try to spend on a hotel would bleed you dry. You knew no one and you had no where to go. It was late and the busses had long since stopped running, so all you could do was walk.

There was almost no lights. There was no intoxication of love or alcohol this time as you walked the London streets—it was just cutthroat sobriety of the mind and the heart.

You walked for hours, traipsing up and down the London streets through the cold, rainy blur. You ended up then in Feltham. You weren't entirely sure what time it was, but you knew maybe there was one place you could go.

You walked up Gladstone Ave and found yourself in front of the Bulsara family home. You knew it was most definitely too early to try to disturb anyone, but this was the only place you knew that maybe would be okay to take shelter at, at least for the time being. So you sat down underneath the small overhang by the front door and fell asleep as you slowly began to sink into sleep.