Arrangements

You froze.

It couldn't be. It can't be. You thought.

He sure looked like Freddie Mercury, he was the right age if you really were in 1964. But how could this even be possible? You couldn't be with the real Freddie Mercury.

Your head swirled with thoughts and your mind had been whisked away, but Freddie quickly brought you back to this new reality.

"...and, you are?" he asked sweetly, gesturing his hand down towards you like you'd imagined in your head so many times before. You never expected to the Freddie Mercury right here in front of you. 

"Oh," you blushed, attempting gather yourself, "Sorry, I am y/n"

There was a short pause as he played your name back in his head as a slight smile came across his face. You reveled in it.

"So, you're an American, what are you doing in England?" he said as he plopped down on the bed beside you. You could feel the warmth of him up against your legs. He felt so, alive. You couldn't quite answer his questions because you were so enthralled with the many that came across your own mind. " I found you lying out on the street," he continued, responding to your blank expression, "I couldn't exactly leave you lying there". 

The street? How did you end up on a street in Feltham. The last thing you knew, it was 2017 and you were laying in bed at home. At least you thought you had been. 

Your lack of articulation had hit Freddie hard and he nervously chuckled to himself, "...so," he paused, looking down briefly at the bedsheets and then up into your eyes again. They trapped you in their gaze, "I'm curious to know how one ends up laying on a street". 

He finally caught your mind's attention, and distracted your worry long enough for you to answer, "Well actually," you laughed nervously, rubbing the side of your head as you attempted once more to wake up from this dream, "I don't know how I got there. Last I knew...I was–," you trailed off trying to recall your last memory once more. His brow furrowed and confusion painted itself across his face.

"What do you mean?" he questioned as he stared intently at you with those beautifully tame, russet eyes. You were once again too distracted by the racing of your mind to fully fall into the temptation of his gaze. You turned to stare out the window, looking at the houses once more. This is too intricate to be some sort of joke, you thought to yourself, too visceral to be a dream. What is going on? Then it came to you, it really could be 1964. 

"What year is it?" you quickly asked, snapping your head back to look at him directly. 

He once again looked confused, possibly with level of concern you had or maybe with the situation as a whole. 

"I—It's 1964, June

 5th 1964," he responded, slightly taken aback but responding almost playfully. Your face sunk. So it was true. You were in 1964. Freddie caught on to your sullen look and inquired, "What's wrong?"

"Freddie...okay, I know this is going to sound absolutely crazy, but you have to listen to me," you sounded like a fool, "I am not from here—from 1964. I'm from 2017, in the future"

There was a pregnant pause in the air. You saw as he was quick to question your sanity, yet something within him suddenly shifted. He could sense your sincerity and there was a small part from within him that wanted this whimsical reality to be true. You could see it in his expression as asked.

"Wh—what do you mean?" he asked, with an err of amused confusion. How you wished this conversation didn't sound as mad as it did, but there was no choice.