The Return

It had been a week since you'd moved back in with the Bulsara family...minus Freddie. It had been probably the roughest week you'd had since you'd been stuck in this time. You decided it was best not to go into work for at least two weeks or so, you couldn't risk seeing Freddie and you knew he'd be looking for you, plus you did think you could handle going into work in your current state.

You were a mess. You'd spent about every day in bed, it was only about three days ago you finally decided you shouldn't stay in bed the entire day, so you went out on long aimless walks into nowhere. There wasn't a point you felt—a point in doing anything. You helped Jer around the house as best you could, she was being gracious enough by talking with the manager of the Biba store and allowing you to take as much time off as you needed.

All the days melded together and you felt the same crushing guilt you felt the same moment you had finally broken it off with Freddie. You just stared at the ceiling for hours, just wishing it didn't have to be this way and wondering what you would do in life now. Your life just kind of seemed like a waste of one, or at least you often thought now.

You didn't really have a plan for what was to come, you wished you had thought about it before, but you were just to wrapped up in love, and here you were, still wrapped up in love. Maybe you'd just work in endless retail jobs for the rest of your life, you'd have to quit the Biba store anyway, Freddie would end up meeting Mary there in a few years time. You should have quit now but a part of you just couldn't let it go yet. You had too much sentiment for a place where sentiment from you should never have existed.

Maybe you'd find your way back to the states. It might be easier to live a life halfway across the world from Freddie because being here, you'd never feel the worlds away you needed to feel.

Today you told yourself you'd actually get out of bed. You didn't really plan on going anywhere. You just wanted to help Jer out a little bit with the cleaning. You hadn't actually fallen asleep in bed, you had passed out on the couch last night after spending just about the whole day there. The entire front room had been left a complete mess and you felt quite bad about that. I'm sure at least to Bomi, you looked a bit pathetic. Jer had obviously had grace to let you stay, but Bomi didn't like the news of that too much. Each day you spent laying around he just had this look of almost...disappointment. Jer helped him to understand at least a bit, but it was about time you maybe should pull your weight a bit more. It's been a week now.

You got up off the couch and began picking up some items around the living room. You had really made a mess of things hadn't you? You were really just realizing how messy your life over the past week had become. Maybe that was because you felt more comfortable in it. You managed to make your life a mess, Freddie's life a mess, and now Bomi and Jer's.

You cleaned up around the front living room and wanted to continue around the house, even deep clean a bit. The least you could do with your day was really clean the house for Jer. You dropped off a few of your things up in the bedroom and went into the kitchen to pull out the cleaning supplies. As soon as you pulled a few things out of the cabinet, you suddenly heard the opening of a door and a huge slam. And then you heard a voice—it was Freddie.

"I can't fucking do this!" you heard him shout from the next room as in your surprise everything just fell out of your arms then and there. You tried to pick everything up but you knew he heard you, "Mum?".

You could see him through the glass panes in the door, he was coming your way. You had nowhere to hide and besides, your feet were frozen in place anyway.

The door opened.

"Y/n?!", he began to raise his voice further, "What the fuck are you doing here?!"