The Camera

After some time had passed you glanced over at the clock and saw it was reaching five so you got your things together and headed for the bridge. You and Freddie always met at the little brick bridge in-between downtown Feltham and home.

The five o'clock sunlight was slowly painting the world in golden shades of sepia and an evening breeze twisted its way through the small-town streets. As you made your way to the bridge there sat Freddie, as perfect as ever, leaning against the amber bricks as the sun gently framed the edges of his face. He turned his face towards yours and smiled.

"Hi Freddie," you called, returning a smile.

A glimmer shone from within his eyes. There always was light shining in his eyes and over the course of the entire year you had known him, it had never dimmed.

"Hello dear," said Freddie with a grin. You loved the way his lip curled up just slightly when he smiled, "So how's about we go to the shops down the road?"

"Sounds perfect," you responded.

Freddie then laced his arm within yours and you were off. He began to talk about his day with you. Work had barely an effect on his overall complexion, maybe that was because he wasn't entirely doing the work himself. You'd known his charm could get anyone to just about anything for him.

He'd made big gestures with his hands whenever he'd get excited and bounce all about, taking you along with him. You just laughed and smiled.

You both arrived at the antique shop down the street that had always been Freddie's favorite, the only one in Feltham. You were always sure to drop by at least once a week as Freddie always had to know what was new. As soon as you reached the front door he was like a child in a candy store, everything all shiny and scintillating.

He walked around glancing at all the object laid out for display. Really it all was quite a mess but Freddie could sort through it all and know exactly what was new each week. His mind worked like that, He could see clarity in anything complex and yet still be fascinated the whole time.

He'd noticed a few new items—a chest or drawers, a desk chair, a china set, and a few assorted glass lamps and vases. As Freddie walked around, something caught your eye, a small camera. It surprised you that it would even be in an antique store, it was practically new, maybe a little worse for wear, but still useable most definitely.

You brought it up to the counter and asked the shopkeep about its pricing. Freddie noticed your interest and walked over.

"A camera?" he inquired.

"Yeah," you responded as went to pull your wallet so you could pay, "I thought it would be nice to take some photos, just for fun, ya know".

"Here let me get it dear," he said gently stopping your hand from paying.

"Freddie," you looked over at him, "I have a job and money now, and I wanted to get it, so let me pay. It's not all that much".

"Here, let me pay half. I'm sure all you're going to want to take photos of me anyway," said Freddie as he winked and accented the gesture with a movement of his shoulder.

So you and Freddie both paid for half and decided to walk down to the pharmacy down the street and look for some 35mm film. You walked in and easily enough found the right film and paid for it. You both walked out of the pharmacy and sat the bench outside its doors. Freddie sat patiently—well as patiently as Freddie ever was— for you to put the film into the camera.

"Ooh, here's an idea dear," said Freddie as you wound the excess film back and shut the camera back, "how 'bout we go to that boutique across the street and do a photoshoot in some clothing there?"

Time Waits For No One (A Freddie Mercury Fanfiction)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें