First Date

The rest of the afternoon went by quickly, there was little talking but that was mostly because of the emotions running through you both. You were going out tonight. A smile stayed strewn across your face the more you thought about it. Freddie was smiling too.

The bus back to Feltham arrived and you and Freddie got on. You sat down at you usual seats as the late afternoon sun began peaking its way through the windows. Everything around you all seemed so dream-like, each day had always felt that way for you now, but this was different—it was true joy and contentment.

You sat daydreaming in sunbeams as you felt a warm hand slowly slide its way into yours. You gently wrapped your fingers around Freddie's and smiled, blushing slightly. You leaned a little closer to Freddie and softly lay your head upon his shoulder. Together you stayed like that smiling for the rest of the ride home.

Afternoon was just at the peak of evening when you arrived home. You both got off the bus and walked home. Freddie lead you to the front door and stopped for a second. He told you you could go inside and get ready, he'd be in later. You were confused a little bit by this, but you appreciated him giving you some space to get ready

You walked into the house, up the stairs, and then down the hall to the bedroom. You opened up your half of the closet and grabbed the dress that you and Freddie had bought on your first shopping trip together, it seemed only fitting. Then you reached into your dresser drawer and took out some make up you had bought and the pearls Freddie had given you at Christmas.

You took all the items into the bathroom so that you would give Freddie the space to get ready. As you turned to yourself in the bathroom mirror, you just stared for a moment and smiled. You were going on a date with Freddie Mercury. You thought to yourself, but still couldn't even quite believe it. He had asked you. You blushed a little thinking about and perfunctorily dropped your head into a smile once more and ran your fingers through your hair. You couldn't believe it, and you couldn't be happier.

You washed your face, brushed your teeth and slid your dress on—it looked as beautiful as the day you had bought it. Then you did your makeup, trying to look as elegant as possible but not too dolled up. Then you combed your hair a bit and finally added the pearls to your whole ensemble. You took a look at yourself in the mirror once more and you were finally ready. You took a deep breath and opened the door.

You turned your head to look into Freddie's bedroom and you saw the door was open and he wasn't in there, so you headed down the stairs. When you reached the bottom you saw Freddie sitting waiting for you with a handful of flowers.

"You look beautiful darling," he said to you with a gentle smile as you blushed, "Here, these are for you"

He handed you the flowers. They were yellow daffodils that he had obviously gone and picked when he sent you in to get ready. They were beautiful and matched the blue of your dress nicely, somehow he knew you would wear it.

"Thank you Freddie," you said as you continued to admire not only the flowers but Freddie himself. He himself had dressed up in a white collared shirt that he had left the top two buttons undone on. He adorned it with a blazer that you could see was a bit too small for him but suited him all to nicely.

"Shall we?" gestured Freddie as he opened up the front door for you.

"We shall," you said with a smile as you walked out the door with a skip in your step.

He closed the door behind you and walked by your side to grab your hand. Together you walked out the front gate and proceeded to stroll down the sidewalk.

"So...Freddie," you inquired, "Where will we be going?"

"You'll see dear," he answered, "and I think you're going to love it"