Judo

The mid-afternoon light seeped in through the dusty old curtains of the second floor room of the Dovedale Towers. A hoard of boys and girls all waking up one by one, Freddie already mucking about across the room, fiddling with his hair in the mirror propped up against the paint-chipped walls. Nice of Geoff's mom to let us stay here, you thought to yourself, somewhat wondering what she'd think of walking in on the whole slew of people passed out on the floor.

You stared at the patchwork ceiling a moment and then got up to tiptoe your way over to Freddie, still diligently messing with his coiffure.

"Mm, good morning Freddie" you said in sing-song as you gently gave him a peck on the cheek and nuzzled in to a good morning hug, resting your head on his shoulder as he looked in the mirror.

"Good morning dear," he replied with a smile and a kiss on the head, then quickly returning his continually frustrated position. He posed this way in that, ruffled tuffs here and there, "Hm," he sighed, rather disgruntled.

"Aw Freddie you look lovely," you replied, giving him a little rub on the opposite shoulder.

"But I've got to look perfect, I am a star after all," he replied, turning his face side to side. You laughed, he then put his hands on his hips, "Well I suppose this'll have to do".

A devilish little smile streaked itself across your face, Freddie still sat staring at himself in the mirror, "Now what would happening if I..." you slowly creeped your hands up to the top of his head, "Did this!" you shouted and ruffled his hair. He squealed and tried to fix his hair but it was no use. He then came running after you trying to tickle at your side, but you took refuge up on the windowsill. You scooted back as far as you could into the bay window, but it was no use he got to you anyway, making you giggle.

Miffer stiffly unstuck his head from his pillow, looked up at us and groaned, then returning back to his face planted position. You took your chance to escape Freddie's clutches and popped off the windowsill, walking over to your bag as Freddie fiddled with this hair once more, huffing about, "Can't a guy sleep?" complained Miffer, the sound muffled by the pillow.

You snatched up the comb and walked over, past Miffer, "It's nearly three," you replied to which Miffer groaned once more, turned over, and checked his watch.

You returned to Freddie and began brushing his hair for him, he liked the attention, "Better?" you said combing through it a bit and getting it just right.

Freddie admired himself in the mirror, "Better," he replied.

The room slowly began to stir as more people got up and about. Funny how as a whole the whole lot of you somehow slept in to about the same time, always a fascination for you to witness.

You got all dressed up in a comfortable little number and Freddie glammed up all in his outfit for the gig. Everyone had a sort of excitement about them this afternoon. Tupp adorned his golden locks with a floppy blanket hat straight from the cover of Hendrix's Greatest Hits. Mike's afro looked much more electrified today than usual, it was almost like a mood ring sort of oddity, always seemed to flow with his energy level and excitement. Miffer on the other hand just looked rather tired and disgruntled, but nonetheless excited. Everyone else was in good spirits as well, so lively. Sîan and Helen had both dressed up in lovely dresses and Peggy had dressed up a lot like you. The rest of the boys, Ken and Geoff and all them, dressed comfortably like yourself. Much of their day today would consist of helping out to get the Ibex boys up on stage with everything they needed. Geoff was planning on recording the show tonight and so he'd spent some time this afternoon running off to get all the necessary equipment.