Brian, oh Brian...

A few hours had passed and you had thoroughly enjoyed reading your book. You felt a connection to Ray Bradbury's writings as often his characters lived in a society different their own but within it had their own perspective. Many were outsiders of their time and similarly you felt like an outsider. No matter how long you'd spend back in the 1960s and beyond, you'd always feel a tinge of difference living in it as opposed to your own. But you enjoyed your life here, things felt as though they were meant to be.

Your attention suddenly turned as you heard the bell above the cafe door chimed for the first time in a while. A tall, slender, shorthaired man walked in and you didn't take much notice until you heard him speak.

"I'll have a cup of tea, ple—," you swear you recognized that voice, "No wait, actually...I'll have a coffee, black. Well... maybe the tea"

After he finished his discombobulating order, the man turned around and instantly you recognized him. It was none other than Brian May.

His hair was much shorter, he looked quite handsome honestly. You'd never seen too much of him without his lavish locks. You knew for sure it had to be him, no one else had such an awkward yet inviting smile.

Then you realized it. He was smiling at you.

You also began to notice you had been starting for quite some time and Brian had started to take interest.

"How you doing?" he asked almost flirtatiously, but this is Brian we are talking about, so it was done awkwardly.

You snapped out of your daze, still surprised that you'd even run into him here.

"Oh, I'm alright," you answered shyly, "Sorry...you just looked like someone I knew"

"Do I look like someone you'd like to know?" he said coming closer to your table with a gawky gait and geeky grin.

Inside you were laughing. Was the Brian May trying to hit on you? You couldn't believe it.

You gave a concerned laugh and smiled awkwardly.

"...look," you began trying to be nice about it.

"Sorry," he interrupted you with a dejected tone as he began to back away, knocking into a chair, "Sorry"

You felt bad, but you were with Freddie and you had to be defensive about having Brian interact in your life right now. He wasn't supposed to know Freddie until later.